New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #2,611 of 9,484
  Hey all,

Thank you for the condolences. I am dealing with the onslaught of stuff as best I can (my father was my last living relative and there is no family to speak of, as I am an only child with no children.) 

However, Nick alerted me that there was a very long and breathless inquiry about the Ragnarok's specs, functionality, and release date today. Let me be perfectly clear: at this point in time I don't care if we ever ship a single Ragnarok. Nor will anyone be able to provide any concrete information until it is released. Mike and Dave are continuing to work on some software/hardware issues on the production line, and I have not as yet gotten to the point of throwing all the metal in the dumpster and announcing the project cancelled. However, this project has been many thousands of hours of my own personal time, plus Dave's and Mike's, and it has been very frustrating, so I am not in a good place with it.

Mike can respond more if he'd like.

Jason

You really need to take some break from Internet, Jason. The person who made such inquiry may not be aware of your current situations, but the people tend to careless and ignorant when they are online.

Turn off the computer, grab a book or two, and cool your thought. Breathe deeply while listening to relaxing music will ease your mind too. Please take care of yourself.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #2,613 of 9,484
  Hey all,

Thank you for the condolences. I am dealing with the onslaught of stuff as best I can (my father was my last living relative and there is no family to speak of, as I am an only child with no children.) 

However, Nick alerted me that there was a very long and breathless inquiry about the Ragnarok's specs, functionality, and release date today. Let me be perfectly clear: at this point in time I don't care if we ever ship a single Ragnarok. Nor will anyone be able to provide any concrete information until it is released. Mike and Dave are continuing to work on some software/hardware issues on the production line, and I have not as yet gotten to the point of throwing all the metal in the dumpster and announcing the project cancelled. However, this project has been many thousands of hours of my own personal time, plus Dave's and Mike's, and it has been very frustrating, so I am not in a good place with it.

Mike can respond more if he'd like.

Jason

Definitely should take a little time off to sort through emotions, Jason. My condolence to your situation.

Regarding your frustration with the Ragnarok project, I understand Raggy is a very new and innovative type of technology. Every ambitious pioneering project is going to be very challenging; the Wright brothers knew this truth very well. In the end, though, their effort paid off hugely; and I hope yours will as well. Best of luck to you and the crew.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #2,614 of 9,484
Sorry to hear of your loss Jason.

As others have said, this is probably a good time to back away and do whatever seems like the right thing to do for yourself.

Frankly, anyone who prioritizes acquiring electronics over someone's family life needs to reexamine their priorities.  Just keep in mind that those "rocket surgeons", while they may make a lot of noise, are only a tiny minority in this community.  Don't let that 1% ruin it for you.

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #2,622 of 9,484
- Long time reader, first time poster, happy Bifrost owner...

Very sorry to here about your loss Jason. It seems like you have a family here with a lot of love for you.
And a flooded factory too... like we all need a slap in the face after a kick in the guts.

As others say, take all the time you need. And thanks for your Schiit products, upgrades and accessories that are available now.
I hope you don't throw it all in the trash can because you are a brilliant engineer who brings joy through your products and insight through your generous sharing of knowledge.
Thanks.

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #2,624 of 9,484
Im sure  some people are not reading this thread as actively to notice what Jason is going throu right now. Its hard to belive people would be so insensitive as to ignore that situation and ask for more info regarding the equipment itself.

Hell, I was making a joke in the schiit story thread and had to edit it because I realized late that Ignored 2 pages of thread, totally missing the situation at hand.
Im quite sure we can wait for as long as Jason needs. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #2,625 of 9,484
For the sake of all concerned, I'm going to close this thread, as nothing productive is coming from it. 

I'd ask that nobody start a new one until the Ragnarok is actually shipping. Then we can have our usual general discussion and separate impressions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back