New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #2,596 of 9,484
popcorn.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #2,601 of 9,484
  I know. I'm just trying to distract everyone into arguing with me so I can order the first Ragnarok as soon as the page goes up.

Hey, I hear Beats are awesome!

Nice move! Aren't the Beats HPs endgame as well 
biggrin.gif
 (and please don't ask me what it means). That statement deserves no rejoinder but some people are very sensitive... Marc, my Schiit product page is open 24/7.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #2,602 of 9,484

I know. I'm just trying to distract everyone into arguing with me so I can order the first Ragnarok as soon as the page goes up.

Hey, I hear Beats are awesome!

Nice move! Aren't the Beats HPs endgame as well 
biggrin.gif
 (and please don't ask me what it means). That statement deserves no rejoinder but some people are very sensitive... Marc, my Schiit product page is open 24/7.

Don't hold your breath. With an another recent incident, I am guessing the earliest order time will be the beginning of August.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #2,603 of 9,484
Yes after the great Schiit flood, and then sadly Jason lost his dad yesterday, I would be surprised the Ragnarok were released before the beginning of August.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #2,604 of 9,484
Yes after the great Schiit flood, and then sadly Jason lost his dad yesterday, I would be surprised the Ragnarok were released before the beginning of August.

Ah **** - I hope Jason is ok. That's terrible news. The poor guy. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #2,607 of 9,484
Hey all,

Thank you for the condolences. I am dealing with the onslaught of stuff as best I can (my father was my last living relative and there is no family to speak of, as I am an only child with no children.) 

However, Nick alerted me that there was a very long and breathless inquiry about the Ragnarok's specs, functionality, and release date today. Let me be perfectly clear: at this point in time I don't care if we ever ship a single Ragnarok. Nor will anyone be able to provide any concrete information until it is released. Mike and Dave are continuing to work on some software/hardware issues on the production line, and I have not as yet gotten to the point of throwing all the metal in the dumpster and announcing the project cancelled. However, this project has been many thousands of hours of my own personal time, plus Dave's and Mike's, and it has been very frustrating, so I am not in a good place with it.

Mike can respond more if he'd like.

Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 17, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #2,610 of 9,484
  Hey all,

Thank you for the condolences. I am dealing with the onslaught of stuff as best I can (my father was my last living relative and there is no family to speak of, as I am an only child with no children.) 

However, Nick alerted me that there was a very long and breathless inquiry about the Ragnarok's specs, functionality, and release date today. Let me be perfectly clear: at this point in time I don't care if we ever ship a single Ragnarok. Nor will anyone be able to provide any concrete information until it is released. Mike and Dave are continuing to work on some software/hardware issues on the production line, and I have not as yet gotten to the point of throwing all the metal in the dumpster and announcing the project cancelled. However, this project has been many thousands of hours of my own personal time, plus Dave's and Mike's, and it has been very frustrating, so I am not in a good place with it.

Mike can respond more if he'd like.

Jason

**** the Ragnarok. Just get yourself in a better place (time - and a lack of pressure - is what is required for this). Don't try to make any decisions now as there is not the normal equilibrium and world-view, nor could there be. If you can, take a bit of time off. People have been waiting for the Rag for a while - a couple of extra months really won't hurt - especially given the circumstances. Don't worry about the implied pressure of requests for specs (what? They have been known for a while) and the typical enquiry which you would normally handle with aplomb, but which now seems somehow irritating and not reflective of what is important in life. Most people here have offered condolences - but we all know how worthless they are when your world is spinning. Take some "Jason" time - apart from all the immediate (non-schiit) details which need to be attended to ... Mike can steer this ship for a while. Take care of yourself.

Regards,

Damen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back