New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 14, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #9,226 of 9,484
The Yggy does not show up on the iMac under either condition. It does show on the MacBook both ways in Audio Midi set-up, plugged in direct and thru usb hub. Kinda weird I think since it worked with the Lyr2.

Did you try all the usb inputs?

May 14, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #9,227 of 9,484

Kazsud, thanks for the input(pun intended?). Since last weekend all has been fine after checking the Audio Midi settings. I have no answers other than it works now. I'll check in later as I have to disconnect the set up to install a new Panamax. 

The sound continues to improve after running the new KEF LS50's all week. Ragnarok and Yggdrasil are where I hoped they be. The only glitch is the phase invert button does not seem to work, not sure if it matters in the overall scheme of things.

Only other question I have is I don't understand what giving someone reputation means?

Thanks

May 15, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #9,228 of 9,484
Just checked single ended connection again to Lyr2 and it shows up just fine in Audio Midi set up. I just switched back to balanced between Yggy and Ragnarok and now it is showing in Midi setup and working fine. I've had done this many times over the weekend to no avail. I was listening using the MacBook connected to the Yggy and now it works thru the iMac. I'm stumped but no longer asking questions. Computers are weird, just saying.

I knew administrators were tuned in, but reaching through the internet for repair is beyond the pale. Thanks Currawong

I recently heard of a simalar problem with a MacPro. Did you recently update the OS on the iMac? You may have some legacy drivers interfering with the sub detection. If it happens again. Check to see if the iMac recognizes that a USB device is connected to the iMac (your YGgy). If you see that it recognizes that a usb device is connect and disconnected. Then you know the iMac is seeing the connection. But not recognizing due to something else. Fresh install would fix. Also looking through the console and see what is happening will help troubleshoot.

May 15, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #9,229 of 9,484
Spotted in Bar Harbor, Maine, the other day.

May 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #9,231 of 9,484
May 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #9,232 of 9,484

Kazsud, thanks for the input(pun intended?). Since last weekend all has been fine after checking the Audio Midi settings. I have no answers other than it works now. I'll check in later as I have to disconnect the set up to install a new Panamax. 

The sound continues to improve after running the new KEF LS50's all week. Ragnarok and Yggdrasil are where I hoped they be. The only glitch is the phase invert button does not seem to work, not sure if it matters in the overall scheme of things.

Only other question I have is I don't understand what giving someone reputation means?

Thanks

I heard the ls 50 over the weekend w/ my rag as well as the r300 & r500. Make sure you have the gain set to 3 for speakers......

On laptops I've had things work on one input and not another.

May 16, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #9,233 of 9,484

Since I checked thru Audi Mid set up all has worked just fine. No issues seeing the Yggdrasil. Set up was unplugged to put in new surge protector. All came back as expected. Gain on Ragnarok set at 3 and the LS50's are starting to shine. Have not spent any time listening through my LCD x's yet, but hope to soon.

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #9,234 of 9,484
I have been neglecting my Rag/Yggy headphone system. I got a Modi 2 Uber/Vali2 system for my computer and have been tube rolling the Vali2. Its cheap fun because I have a lot of 6922 tubes and the new ones I purchased were mostly $50 or less. Some one spank me, but it now sounds better than my old Lyr/Bifrost Uber combo. I finally settled on the best tube yesterday so its back to Rag and Yggy.

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #9,235 of 9,484
I have been neglecting my Rag/Yggy headphone system. I got a Modi 2 Uber/Vali2 system for my computer and have been tube rolling the Vali2. Its cheap fun because I have a lot of 6922 tubes and the new ones I purchased were mostly $50 or less. Some one spank me, but it now sounds better than my old Lyr/Bifrost Uber combo. I finally settled on the best tube yesterday so its back to Rag and Yggy.

What tube did you settle on?

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #9,236 of 9,484
1975 Voskhod 6N23P silver shield

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #9,237 of 9,484
Jun 6, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #9,238 of 9,484
The utter horror, my cat, unplugged my Yggdrasil, while I was out and about. Now I must burn it in over 160 hours. Lol now I must get a alarm, that will go off if my Yggdrasil looses its power lol. With any luck, I will not have to burn in my Yggy as long, to get the magical performance.

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #9,239 of 9,484
This demon cat must go!

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #9,240 of 9,484
The utter horror, my cat, unplugged my Yggdrasil, while I was out and about. Now I must burn it in over 160 hours. Lol now I must get a alarm, that will go off if my Yggdrasil looses its power lol. With any luck, I will not have to burn in my Yggy as long, to get the magical performance.

Just stick that badboy in the oven for say 15 minutes to get it up to temp FAST. And remember to remove it before you put a Totino's party pizza directly on the rack above. 

Seriously, I don't sweat it when I have to temporarily unplug my Yggy for whatever reason. It always sounds great by the time I get around to listening again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back