New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Dec 29, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #8,927 of 9,484
Anyone know how the Bryston BDA-2 compares to the Yggy?

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #8,928 of 9,484
Schiit repaired my Yggy by replacing the analog section. They got it back to me before Christmas too...they rock!!!

Sweet, mine came back before Christmas with a "Control Board" replacement. Awesome sounding DAC; so glad to have it back. And I'm also very satisfied with Schiit's handling of this -- big props to them!

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #8,932 of 9,484
  Has anyone used the Yggdrasil with a CD transport? If so, any comments on the performance would be welcome. Thanks.

It's good?
Not sure what you're looking for with regards to comments 
blink.gif

::

Or do you mean a transport that can only play CD? My "transport" is a universal disc player.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #8,933 of 9,484
I envy the black, but I couldn't wait and ended up getting silver.

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #8,935 of 9,484
Has anyone used the Yggdrasil with a CD transport? If so, any comments on the performance would be welcome. Thanks.

I have used my Yggdrasil with a cd transport and it sounds fantastic. I have two cd transports, hooked to my Yggdrasil, as well as my MacBook Pro and all sound bloody great. The Yggdrasil is a marvelous Dac, that sounds so magical. :)

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #8,937 of 9,484
I have used my Yggdrasil with a cd transport and it sounds fantastic. I have two cd transports, hooked to my Yggdrasil, as well as my MacBook Pro and all sound bloody great. The Yggdrasil is a marvelous Dac, that sounds so magical.
smily_headphones1.gif

do hear any differences on the different outputs on the yggy optical vs coaxial vs usb vs balanced any prefernce

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #8,938 of 9,484
do hear any differences on the different outputs on the yggy optical vs coaxial vs usb vs balanced any prefernce

I prefer the usb, because I can listen to my Tidal music. However I can not really tell the difference between my cd transports using optical or coaxial connections.

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #8,939 of 9,484
I prefer the usb, because I can listen to my Tidal music. However I can not really tell the difference between my cd transports using optical or coaxial connections.

Kinda funny - I'm now streaming Tidal via COAX (from my CD transport into the Yggy). Oppo BDP-105 is my universal disc transport, and it just recently (through firmware update) added Tidal to its list of streaming services. It also has Pandora, Spotify and some others. But Tidal was the one I immediately jumped on!

::

Until I'm told by the people with real Golden Ears, I'll vouch for three transports I own:

1. Oppo BDP-105
  2. Oppo BDP-93 (my guess is all the Oppo sound good)
  3. Toshiba SD9200 (only on Yggy - Gumby takes too long to lock onto the signal)

I'll pass on all the rest as either being too noisy (such as having a fan) or just not having a strong digital signal. For example, my Denon transports all have this odd glare, like when someone turns up the sharpness of a television. And most the others are just missing a layer of detail.

Dec 31, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #8,940 of 9,484
I use an Oppo BDP-93, and it sounds great with Yggy. I use a Wireworld digital coax cable for the spdif connection. I also burn homemade DVD-A's of high resolution files in 24/96 and 24/192, Yggy locks in to those sample rates and delivers the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back