New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Dec 2, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #8,911 of 9,484
Anyone have rag/yggy stack that has had extensive time with the benchmark dac2 hgc? It seems the benchmark doesn't get much love around here. The rag/yggy has got my upgraitis peaked and am curious if it would be a vast improvement over my benchmark and worth the extra coin.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #8,912 of 9,484
Anyone have rag/yggy stack that has had extensive time with the benchmark dac2 hgc? It seems the benchmark doesn't get much love around here. The rag/yggy has got my upgraitis peaked and am curious if it would be a vast improvement over my benchmark and worth the extra coin.

There is a good return policy on the Schiit products 
biggrin.gif

And if you're truly in Maryland, you should come to the meets. We had have a Yggy/Rag stack since Capital Audio Festival this year, which is basically the earliest you could have both in a stack. We only had the Rag before then. Three of us in the DC group now have the stack. Next meet is Sat, Feb 27.

Feel free to PM me for more information, or just search for the DC group.

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #8,913 of 9,484
Yep, really in Md and work in DC. Maybe I'll try to get through the Holidays and come to the Feb meet and try to give it a listen. Thanks for the heads up.

There is a good return policy on the Schiit products :D

And if you're truly in Maryland, you should come to the meets. We had have a Yggy/Rag stack since Capital Audio Festival this year, which is basically the earliest you could have both in a stack. We only had the Rag before then. Three of us in the DC group now have the stack. Next meet is Sat, Feb 27.

Feel free to PM me for more information, or just search for the DC group.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #8,914 of 9,484
Yggdrasil = DAC of the year by Headphone Guru.  And I agree.

http://headphone.guru/headphone-guru-2015-awards-best-of-the-best

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #8,917 of 9,484
  My Yggy was received by Schiit Repair on 11/30/2015. Still no word yet. I am very curious to know what is wrong with it. Hopefully it comes back by the holidays. I am having Schiit withdrawals!

Same here; mine was received on 11/23. I think it's fair to assume that a Yggy isn't as simple to handle as other models.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #8,919 of 9,484
Yes, the very few times I've turned my Yggy off, I did have some hangs on booting it up again.  Has always resolved after one or two tries...but it does take a few moments to tell if it has made it.  Just tried it, came back on the first try, took a bit over 50 seconds.  So I leave it on.  

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #8,923 of 9,484
  Anyone please have a look at your Rags/Yggys, which factory produce theirs power supplies? (They seems are not-Chinese products.) Thx..

Schiit has local suppliers for their transformers.

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #8,924 of 9,484
Just an FYI to anyone who is interested Black rags in stock ATM. Ordered mine, will post pics when it arrives.

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #8,925 of 9,484
And I understand the power supplies are their own design, based on Jason's extensive discussions around head-fi.

Schiit has local suppliers for their transformers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back