New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 20, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #7,681 of 9,484
Prep's comparison of the DAC he kept and the Yggy is very good reading (this or one of the other Yggy threads). Yggy was not disgraced.

I'm sure you've already said which DAC you feel is clearly better, but could you say again. Thanks.

May 20, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #7,682 of 9,484
TotalDac D1-Dual is not shy to review either it was on 6 Moons. Of course when the time comes there will surely be a Yggy v. A or Uber or some other name. Gen V -> VA it is the logical progression for the Schiit team

May 20, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #7,683 of 9,484
Jason did state recently (this thread?) Yggy and Rag are their top, statement pieces and they won't put more above them.

I suppose version 2s are possible though...but per their design philosophy it should be through upgrade boards where possible not complete re-designs.

May 20, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #7,685 of 9,484
Jason did state recently (this thread?) Yggy and Rag are their top, statement pieces and they won't put more above them.

Given the Yggy doesn't have the analog output they planned, partially because of space by the looks of it, there could well be another version down the line that shrinks it down, creates more layers or a larger case to squeeze it in.  Or not.

May 20, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #7,686 of 9,484

Given the Yggy doesn't have the analog output they planned, 

Sorry, missed that...what's exactly missing? 

May 20, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #7,687 of 9,484
Given the Yggy doesn't have the analog output they planned, partially because of space by the looks of it, there could well be another version down the line that shrinks it down, creates more layers or a larger case to squeeze it in.  Or not.

Sorry, missed that...what's exactly missing? 

Analog out. Didn't you see Mike's update on what was cut in order to get it shipping this spring? It processes those 1s and 0s in full 20-bit R-2R glory - dang it's just too bad they couldn't fit just one analog out into that housing somehow.

:wink: ; ) wink, wink

Note: Please notice the wink

May 20, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #7,688 of 9,484
  It's not a waste if you it makes you happy.

+1

Everyone is passionate about something. When i got my first headphones i was like man $200USD on headphones? I must be crazy. 

2 years later and i dropped 2000USD on some LCD3's and havent looked back since. Nothing makes me happier than some audiophilia

May 21, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #7,690 of 9,484

Maybe you should stay out of other peoples pockets and worry about your own finances.  

Oh yeah, sounds like you're both...

Could you write a short review Iggy vs Total dac ? what's the difference ? why you like TotalDac D1-Dual more ? and why you are disappointed in your Yggy.
I'm considering buy TotalDac D1-Dual too , to play it with my new speakers .
Thanks alot .

May 21, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #7,691 of 9,484
  Could you write a short review Iggy vs Total dac ? what's the difference ? why you like TotalDac D1-Dual more ? and why you are disappointed in your Yggy.
Thanks alot .

He already did guys - it's here.

May 21, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #7,692 of 9,484
Thanks alot .

I wasn't disappointed in the Yggdrasil at all.  I was really impressed by it.  I was just impressed with the D1 that much more.

May 21, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #7,693 of 9,484

I wasn't disappointed in the Yggdrasil at all.  I was really impressed by it.  I was just impressed with the D1 that much more.

I'm having trouble believing this review, and even if it is true, there's a clear difference in price between the two, and we're talking about many TIMES its price.

On the other hand, Yggdrasil has got potential in terms of upgradability maybe it is a little too soon to buy, so just buy on a later date with better boards and invest now in something like HE-1000.

On the other hand, I am planning a local head-fi revolution :p

May 21, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #7,695 of 9,484

That D1 sounds like a heck of a DAC. Is this going to be the dac that you keep for a while?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back