New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 22, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #7,711 of 9,484
My Yggy really disappointed me . I thought it will replace my hugo TT ( which have a VERY GOOD AMP ) but NO . The sound signature not very good with high end speakers also not enough to impress me ...really .I'm sorry but this is my final thoughts .

May 22, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #7,712 of 9,484
Can you elaborate on why you were dissappointed with it?

May 22, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #7,714 of 9,484
Ah, good to know

May 22, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #7,715 of 9,484
I mean, before I get ripped to shreds...He's a doctor by profession, has OVER 300 Cables, every high-end headphone imaginable and a few multi-thousand dollar headphone amps as well.

But what really threw me off is the fact that he has a Ragnarok. *snicker*

I know there was a first run of Rags already, I'm joking about the long wait time for the 2nd batch.

May 22, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #7,717 of 9,484
Yeah i was looking at his list of gear, there's like 50 thousand dollars of hi end gear yet it seems like he can barely put together a complete sentence. Definately a bit suspicious, especially considering there have been hardly any (have there been any actually??) negative words spoken about the Yggy.

May 22, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #7,718 of 9,484
He mentions he lives in the UAE, maybe English might not be his first language. We shouldn't fault him for his ability to form complete sentences. Neither should we fault him for his negative opinion of ygg or giving one star to hd800.  We might not find his opinions helpful but he is entitled to his own opinions right? 

May 22, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #7,719 of 9,484
English is also not my first language, but it's much more than that, you just have to see his posts to know what I'm talking about, none of what he says makes sense.
And excuse me, but even if you don't like the HD800's sound, there is no possible way they deserve only one star.
He mentions he lives in the UAE, maybe English might not be his first language. We shouldn't fault him for his ability to form complete sentences. Neither should we fault him for his negative opinion of ygg or giving one star to hd800.

May 22, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #7,720 of 9,484
Guys, it really doesn't help to simply lay into anyone who posts a negative impression.  This kind of behaviour is precisely why anything associated with the Head-Fi hype train must be taken with a good dose of salt. His opinions may differ from the majority, but he should be permitted to put them out there without a flood of comments doubting his qualifications & sincerity.

May 22, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #7,721 of 9,484
  Guys, it really doesn't help to simply lay into anyone who posts a negative impression.  This kind of behaviour is precisely why anything associated with the Head-Fi hype train must be taken with a good dose of salt. His opinions may differ from the majority, but he should be permitted to put them out there without a flood of comments doubting his qualifications & sincerity.

If it was 1 post to go off of, I'd agree. You think I would say that over one post? Not at all.

May 22, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #7,722 of 9,484
I left this thread for a moment and it seems some guys here are not smart enough , you should be talking about Iggy and how it is compare to other products .
I live in UAE and I'm so happy here . I have many Audio systems that why I always like to talk about and will always seek the perfect sound .
It's make me sad when I see others said :  this dac can compete against any other dacs at any price,,,blah blah blah but ...I own Hugo ,hugo TT too but there are not even close to my Alpha DAC Reference , it's the same story with Yggy .  I won't hype any product . but it's the worst thing can happen to new products here in Head fi.
about Hd 800 I agree it's high end headphones we all know that. it deserves more than 4 stars but I don't like the sound .
I deleted my review so it's not fair you still remember old things , but at that moment I was very angry about hd 800 I though it will replace my T1 and lcd 3F but it failed me due to it's very bright sound and  ...ok that's enough .

May 22, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #7,723 of 9,484
It's ok agooh their insults are so basic.  So basic.  Right there with you that the 800 while not horrid would be if not for the great soundstage.  It's faults out weigh it's benefits.  And yes Head-Fi hype trains really do need to be taken with massive grains of salt because often it feels like Legoland around here.

May 22, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #7,725 of 9,484
Yeah i was looking at his list of gear, there's like 50 thousand dollars of hi end gear

Anyone can pad out their profile - heck, I think I'll put in an Orpheus, 2 Sony R10's, a Stax Omega, Jecklin Float, Sony O10, and a heap of other phones to my list and trump his meagre profile.

Also I think my profile needs all the top amps and DACses I can muster to boost my street cred.      Simple.....  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back