New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 20, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #5,447 of 9,484
It will be sleepless nights for us in the Orient, Mr. Moffat 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #5,449 of 9,484
  30 Yggys in burn as of Sunday night 9:00 PM.

I'd just like the doubters out there to reflect on that for a moment. If Mike and the team (I've never been fond of the term Schiitheads) can assemble that many over the course of a weekend, I'd say my estimate is looking pretty damned good. Given that Schiit is now halfway there, and the huddled masses are living on a prayer, I think this is fitting, particularly as Jason looks a lot like JBJ with his current 'do.  
tongue.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #5,451 of 9,484
I'd just like the doubters out there to reflect on that for a moment. If Mike and the team (I've never been fond of the term Schiitheads) can assemble that many over the course of a weekend, I'd say my estimate is looking pretty damned good. Given that Schiit is now halfway there, and the huddled masses are living on a prayer, I think this is fitting, particularly as Jason looks a lot like JBJ with his current 'do.  :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

what are the doubters doubting about?
Your estimate?
:p
30 units in 2days seems like a gradual progress & so doesnt seem likely to be today..

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #5,452 of 9,484
  Quote:deuter
  There are a few factors like currency rates, shipping cost and import taxes that make the aud an extremely inferior proposition. Oh and I almost forgot GST for local purchase.
Add the numbers and tell me what the price looks like more or less.

Remember the time we had parity with the USD?
Why didn't they make these beautiful dac then?
That's a rhetorical question by the way.

It was only recently the Aussie peso got to US$1.09c..

The Ragnarok and Yggdrasil would be a lot more affordable than now.

At say US$2000 the Rag would come close to AU$2570.
Add Paypal fees approx and 10% GST and shipping from US to AUS and it's nearly AU$3k.
The Yggy would be north of AU$4k

We Canadians feel your pain.  Prices in Cdn $ are very close to what you're quoting.

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #5,457 of 9,484
what are the doubters doubting about?
Your estimate?
tongue.gif

30 units in 2days seems like a gradual progress & so doesnt seem likely to be today..

If you go back through my posts, and I know many Head-Fiers find it extremely enlightening to do so, you'll find that I am prepared to claim victory if the Order page is activated anytime before midnight -LA time - on Wednesday. We're 11 hours ahead of NYC and 14 hours ahead of LA, but I have enough fingers and toes to do the arithmetic - Mike and the team just need to stock up on essential supplies and get busy. Personally, I think this stuff tastes like battery acid, but I've done allnighters before a software rollout with people who seem to live on it. Always a thrill to know the man next to you has enough caffeine in his system to kill a bear ...... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back