New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #5,432 of 9,484
I wondering whats the turn around time on batches once first batch of 250 goes..
hope its better than Rag time...

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #5,433 of 9,484
That's US$ not Aussi$ or NZ$, or HK$......  
confused_face.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #5,438 of 9,484
Quote:pyfgcrl
 We could all just start buying and selling in Bitcoin; wouldn't need to have this conversation about lack of transparent pricing (which seems to happen for every new product release by every company, everywhere) in obscure fiat currencies… 
biggrin.gif

Or, we could go back to selling farm produce......     Currencies do have their good points..

How many stringbeans for a Yggdrasil, Sir..?  Oh, about five years of your crop yield.

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #5,439 of 9,484
  Or, we could go back to selling farm produce......     Currencies do have their good points..

How many stringbeans for a Yggdrasil, Sir..?  Oh, about five years of your crop yield.

Not denying this point — simply stating that having so many currencies make for extra challenges/work/uncertainty, hence why a good portion of the world works in / accepts USD even though most of those people aren't in the US.  No one controls Bitcoin, and all of us could move to it (in the long run) without its value being affected by say, one country's government deciding to print more, or the local economy taking a dive, etc.

US outfits like Schiit operate in US currency, so that's where the pricing is going to be established first (and primarily).  If they were based out of Austria, they'd certainly have prices first in the Euro, and USD (very) shortly afterwards.  With exchange fluctuations, everything else becomes too difficult to manage.

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #5,440 of 9,484
There are a few factors like currency rates, shipping cost and import taxes that make the aud an extremely inferior proposition. Oh and I almost forgot GST for local purchase.

Add the numbers and tell me what the price looks like more or less.

Remember the time we had parity with the USD?
Why didn't they make these beautiful dac then?
That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #5,441 of 9,484
I wondering whats the turn around time on batches once first batch of 250 goes..
hope its better than Rag time...

Given that the first batch will no longer be 250 DACs, I'm guessing turnaround time may be substantial. Mike didnt answer the question that was posed re the metal that wasnt good enough for the first batch, but I think a few here had visions of a B-stock sale : I dont see that happening in the first 6 months but life is full of surprises. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #5,442 of 9,484
Given that the first batch will no longer be 250 DACs, I'm guessing turnaround time may be substantial. .. 

hmm I am guessing opposite.
I am betting their best dac will have both higher importance and parts availability since nothing otherwise has been said..
:)
outside metal case imperfections is not a real problem like parts.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #5,443 of 9,484
Quote:deuter
  There are a few factors like currency rates, shipping cost and import taxes that make the aud an extremely inferior proposition. Oh and I almost forgot GST for local purchase.
Add the numbers and tell me what the price looks like more or less.

Remember the time we had parity with the USD?
Why didn't they make these beautiful dac then?
That's a rhetorical question by the way.

It was only recently the Aussie peso got to US$1.09c..

The Ragnarok and Yggdrasil would be a lot more affordable than now.

At say US$2000 the Rag would come close to AU$2570.
Add Paypal fees approx and 10% GST and shipping from US to AUS and it's nearly AU$3k.
The Yggy would be north of AU$4k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back