New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 20, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #5,476 of 9,484
Oh man, you got me to check Schiits site....
mad.gif

Don'cha hate when your rabble is roused?

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #5,477 of 9,484

Don'cha hate when your rabble is roused?

To be fair, schiit.com/yggdrasil no longer redirects to the home page, it just tells you you don't have access to the page...

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #5,478 of 9,484
  To be fair, schiit.com/yggdrasil no longer redirects to the home page, it just tells you you don't have access to the page...

As far as I'm aware, that's the behavior for schiit.com/anything except products, faq, news, guides, about, contact, store and spam... schiit.com/products/yggdrasil (perhaps what you were referring to?) still looks the same as it has for months ... it says "Invalid product requested" in a white box with an Ok button at the bottom right.

I imagine when the time comes, the products/yggdrasil link will actually work. That's my educated guess. 
blink.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #5,479 of 9,484
  Calm down.  If you grew up in Australia, you would also be familiar with the concept of 'taking the piss'?

This is no time for levity - Mike is trying to deal with all manner of sleep deprivation and I'm trying to find someone who's prepared to go out there and inject him with a sedative. The mere thought of being unconscious when that order page appears on the Schiit site would send the poor guy into apoplexy. Imagine regaining consciousness after 10-12 hours only to see the page with the dreaded 'Backordered - expect delays of 12-18 weeks' : short of the death of a loved one, I think that would be a very cruel blow. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #5,480 of 9,484
I wondered how long it would take before someone did a mockup - get it onto a server and post a tinyurl link - too cruel and potentially something that might land you in court if you did it from inside the US. Of course, here in Thailand .....  :wink:

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #5,485 of 9,484

It's ticking away with my sanity
it's hard to believe such a calamity

Quick, fill in the blanks.

I've got TOO MUCH time on my hands...

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #5,486 of 9,484
I'm retired and I have all the time in the world, but if this occurred to me I'm confident that I'm not the only one:

- spend whatever amount of time it takes to be one of the first to order Yggy in the hope that you'll get one of the early serial numbers
- have it shipped to a non-audiophile colleague in the US who will very carefully unbox it, take photos and email them to you, under strict instructions to do nothing more than check that it powers up
- advertise it on the 'gon for twice the sticker price as soon as the dreaded 'Backordered' logo appears on the product page
- a 75/25 split with my friend and I've just made over 1500 USD for less than a week's 'work' albeit at the cost of considerable forum scorn and derision for my mercenary ways

Laugh if you will, but in every other domain I'm aware of when a flagship product sells in limited quantities for less than its competition, the market tends to price the early units accordingly. Just as there are scalpers outside every Springsteen gig who have no interest in the man or his music, you can guarantee that there will be Yggy flippers and they wont necessarily be Head-Fiers. Note that for those who do actually want the DAC, I'm not aware of anything stopping you ordering two - sell one for twice the sticker and you just got a free DAC. If only all audio purchases went that way  :wink:

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #5,489 of 9,484
  I'm retired and I have all the time in the world, but if this occurred to me I'm confident that I'm not the only one:

- spend whatever amount of time it takes to be one of the first to order Yggy in the hope that you'll get one of the early serial numbers
- have it shipped to a non-audiophile colleague in the US who will very carefully unbox it, take photos and email them to you, under strict instructions to do nothing more than check that it powers up
- advertise it on the 'gon for twice the sticker price as soon as the dreaded 'Backordered' logo appears on the product page
- a 75/25 split with my friend and I've just made over 1500 USD for less than a week's 'work' albeit at the cost of considerable forum scorn and derision for my mercenary ways

Laugh if you will, but in every other domain I'm aware of when a flagship product sells in limited quantities for less than its competition, the market tends to price the early units accordingly. Just as there are scalpers outside every Springsteen gig who have no interest in the man or his music, you can guarantee that there will be Yggy flippers and they wont necessarily be Head-Fiers. Note that for those who do actually want the DAC, I'm not aware of anything stopping you ordering two - sell one for twice the sticker and you just got a free DAC. If only all audio purchases went that way  :wink:

I wasn't thinking about it before, but I am now, thanks for the idea :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back