***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014
Aug 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #46 of 258
As impressions roll in from IFA Id love to hear how the soundstage sounds...I remember really liking RHA's last SS iem but prefered the Ocharaku SUI to them on soundstage depth. 
Nevertheless....very interesting company. 

Sep 1, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #47 of 258
  As impressions roll in from IFA Id love to hear how the soundstage sounds...I remember really liking RHA's last SS iem but prefered the Ocharaku SUI to them on soundstage depth. 
Nevertheless....very interesting company. 

Cheers Daniel! 

Quick poll - anyone planning to attend IFA this year? We'd love to get some first impressions if anyone's coming along.

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #48 of 258
I hope there are plans for a "non i" version. Although I do use Apple products, I'd prefer to not have the weight on the cable of the controls. It's not the end of the world either way, but preference would be without. 

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #49 of 258
  I hope there are plans for a "non i" version. Although I do use Apple products, I'd prefer to not have the weight on the cable of the controls. It's not the end of the world either way, but preference would be without. 

me too been hoping for this . lets wait and watch .

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #50 of 258

Cheers Daniel! 

Quick poll - anyone planning to attend IFA this year? We'd love to get some first impressions if anyone's coming along.

My mate runs Audio T in Bristol and we chatted on your iems over the phone recently. He said he's been trying to get some models down to test for a year now. Just FYI 

BTW is the driver in the new model a brand new driver? (sorry if Q has already been asked) 

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #51 of 258

My mate runs Audio T in Bristol and we chatted on your iems over the phone recently. He said he's been trying to get some models down to test for a year now. Just FYI 

BTW is the driver in the new model a brand new driver? (sorry if Q has already been asked) 

We've been chatting to Martin since the start of this year, but unfortunately they're not in a position to take the products as yet. They've got the details of the T10i and we'll definitely be trying to sort out an order post-IFA!

Entirely new driver, custom developed to work with the new housing and the filters/

Thanks Daniel!

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #52 of 258
I tried out your cheaper SS iem ... I am interested in a dynamic driver iem. 

What are the characteristics of the new iems relative to your cheaper model? What is it better at forgetting the filters and the ergonomics 

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #53 of 258
  I tried out your cheaper SS iem ... I am interested in a dynamic driver iem. 

What are the characteristics of the new iems relative to your cheaper model? What is it better at forgetting the filters and the ergonomics 

Hey Daniel,

I don't think the tuning filter system and the improved ergonomics from the housing shape and patented ear hooks should be overlooked; the ear hooks are a brand new system using memory wire and a compact spring to offer the ideal mix of rigidity and flexibility. They're really very comfortable. The tuning filter system, though offering only slight variances in FR, can really help certain genres of music feel more exciting.

The other overall performance upgrade is the sound quality, which unfortunately we can only vouch for at this time. The driver really works well with the MIM stainless steel housing and the audio is very clean and open sounding. We've been using them in the office for a while now and they perform very well, especially with uncompressed files.

Cheers!

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #54 of 258
I know the er4s is the benchmark for many for isolation. How do these compare if you can elaborate. 

Yes I appreciate for sure the other features. I guess I just wanted to know how the soundstage compares 
to the MA750s. I found them descent in width but lacking in depth. Poss the amount of sub bass. 

Also will your new iems work with comply foam tips? 

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #55 of 258
  I know the er4s is the benchmark for many for isolation. How do these compare if you can elaborate. 

Yes I appreciate for sure the other features. I guess I just wanted to know how the soundstage compares 
to the MA750s. I found them descent in width but lacking in depth. Poss the amount of sub bass. 

Also will your new iems work with comply foam tips? 

The T10i uses the same tip selection as the MA750i, but the new shape does allow for deeper insertion. If you get the right size tips, isolation is decent; it's worth noting the IEMs are ported on the outside of the housings, which might make a slight difference in very noisy environments.

It's going to be hard to seem objective, but I think soundstage of the T10i compares favourably to our previous models - hopefully Head-Fi users at IFA and CanJam will confirm!

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #57 of 258
interesting. what in an over ear design. as apposed to wearing an iem over ear causes problems with wind noise? I wear my er4s over ear and no probs with wind 

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #59 of 258
  interesting. what in an over ear design. as apposed to wearing an iem over ear causes problems with wind noise? I wear my er4s over ear and no probs with wind 

Many of the over ear designs are more shallow fitting. Resting in the outer ear and the nozzle only goes so far in. Not really so much about the cable going over the ear. The Ety obviously can go in further where wind is not an issue. Some of the Westone/Shure shape can have wind funnel in behind the tip as the housing may not go in far enough to prevent that. Again, Ety doesn't have that issue. Possibly if one's ear are large enough there won't be an issue with that design. Of course ears are different so it may or may not happen but Tomscy did correctly say "potential" as it is not a given or absolute just more likely for it to occur.

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #60 of 258

Many of the over ear designs are more shallow fitting. Resting in the outer ear and the nozzle only goes so far in. Not really so much about the cable going over the ear. The Ety obviously can go in further where wind is not an issue. Some of the Westone/Shure shape can have wind funnel in behind the tip as the housing may not go in far enough to prevent that. Again, Ety doesn't have that issue. Possibly if one's ear are large enough there won't be an issue with that design. Of course ears are different so it may or may not happen but Tomscy did correctly say "potential" as it is not a given or absolute just more likely for it to occur.

Oh ok I understand. thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back