***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014
Sep 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #63 of 258
  A quick Head-Fi exclusive:

The T10i will be accompanied by a partner model, the T10. Same amazing aesthetics, build quality, materials and sound, but without the three button remote and microphone for those who don't require the functionality. Pricing and availability will be announced soon!

Thanks!

RHA

thanks for this , i will grab these this x-mas .

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #64 of 258
A quick Head-Fi exclusive:

The T10i will be accompanied by a partner model, the T10. Same amazing aesthetics, build quality, materials and sound, but without the three button remote and microphone for those who don't require the functionality. Pricing and availability will be announced soon!

Thanks!

RHA

That's good to hear :smile:

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #66 of 258
I was listening to these at IFA yesterday and I have to say I was deeply impressed. I think I am going to order a pair when they start selling.

I liked the treble filters most but I am used to the very bright Tzar 350 so the "reference" filters were to warm to my taste. It is a nice feature to be able to change filters exactly like the AKG K3003i. According to the response frequency the filters should only add +/- 3dB to bass and treble but i think they changed the sound much more.

The build quality is very nice. The cable is the best IEM cable I have seen yet. Absolutely no microphonics and the memory wire to go over the ear is flexible and moldable at the same time but feels very luxurious. The metal-IEMs are heavy and the housing probably adds that weight to the sound. Overall they feel great when placed in the ear.

Take this with a grain of salt because impressions are difficult in noisy environments and listening to a lot of headphones in one day makes my ears tired. Also my iQube portable amp was out of battery so I could only play through headphone out of my iPod Classic 5. Gen. The sennheiser booth was just next door to the RHA booth and I listened to the new Momentum IEM and IE800 and I liked RF10i better than both Sennheisers.

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #67 of 258
Sorry T10i not RF10i.

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #69 of 258
 i would like to know about the momentum iem impression , these are cheap $100 phones , can you compare the t10 with this .

Oh no. You cannot compare the Momentum and T10i at all. The Momentums we're not bad but they are we're way too bassy for me. Not my taste at all. I only listened to the Momentums for less than two minutes though because BASS was all I heard.

It was more the IE800 that I found that the T10i can easily compete with. In fact the treble in the IE800 sounds like it is not coming from the same source as the rest of the frequencies. In the T10i everything sounds much more balanced and nothing is attracting more attention. Music just flows. I can't wait to listen to it again or get longer time to try it with my amplifiers.

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #70 of 258
I was listening to these at IFA yesterday and I have to say I was deeply impressed. I think I am going to order a pair when they start selling.

I liked the treble filters most but I am used to the very bright Tzar 350 so the "reference" filters were to warm to my taste. It is a nice feature to be able to change filters exactly like the AKG K3003i. According to the response frequency the filters should only add +/- 3dB to bass and treble but i think they changed the sound much more.

The build quality is very nice. The cable is the best IEM cable I have seen yet. Absolutely no microphonics and the memory wire to go over the ear is flexible and moldable at the same time but feels very luxurious. The metal-IEMs are heavy and the housing probably adds that weight to the sound. Overall they feel great when placed in the ear.

Take this with a grain of salt because impressions are difficult in noisy environments and listening to a lot of headphones in one day makes my ears tired. Also my iQube portable amp was out of battery so I could only play through headphone out of my iPod Classic 5. Gen. The sennheiser booth was just next door to the RHA booth and I listened to the new Momentum IEM and IE800 and I liked RF10i better than both Sennheisers.

Quote:
Oh no. You cannot compare the Momentum and T10i at all. The Momentums we're not bad but they are we're way too bassy for me. Not my taste at all. I only listened to the Momentums for less than two minutes though because BASS was all I heard.

It was more the IE800 that I found that the T10i can easily compete with. In fact the treble in the IE800 sounds like it is not coming from the same source as the rest of the frequencies. In the T10i everything sounds much more balanced and nothing is attracting more attention. Music just flows. I can't wait to listen to it again or get longer time to try it with my amplifiers.

Thanks for the impressions! I don't want to keep making comparisons to the IE800 but was there any particular area you found the IE800's outperformed the T10i's? If so, does it still justify the nearly $600 price difference? I know that's a ridiculous question but I'm curious to hear what you think. Thanks!    

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #71 of 258

Thanks for the impressions! I don't want to keep making comparisons to the IE800 but was there any particular area you found the IE800's outperformed the T10i's? If so, does it still justify the nearly $600 price difference? I know that's a ridiculous question but I'm curious to hear what you think. Thanks!    

I really do not want to say too much about how the IE800 compares to T10i sound wise. I did not spend time enough to get impressions I can trust in the long run. It would require at least a week at home with both earpieces to say anything trustworthy. I did notice for sure, that my impression from T10i was that it definitely is an IEM that falls into my taste.

I can say though, that regarding the materials and the feel of the build quality, the T10i outperforms the IE800. Also I like over ear cabling more than the direct cable pull of the IE800. The R10i cable is thick but very flexible. It will not curl and I believe that it is of a very sturdy quality. I have a few pictures I will share in a while. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #72 of 258
A few pictures from IFA of the R10i:

Left and right are easy to distinguish by the blue and red colors. 

Nice packaging. Everything you need included - also a nice pouch for transport as seen (in half) on the right. 

The filters - attached to a metal plate like the AKG K3003i.

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #74 of 258
  Are the nozzles angled or straight like the MA750?

Hey drkp80!

The soundpipe is slightly angled in line with the overall ergonomic fit of the T10i. 

Might also be worth noting that the samples we are demo'ing at IFA are final pre-production models, so any imperfections in finish should be eliminated for the first retail release.

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #75 of 258
  I really do not want to say too much about how the IE800 compares to T10i sound wise. I did not spend time enough to get impressions I can trust in the long run. It would require at least a week at home with both earpieces to say anything trustworthy. I did notice for sure, that my impression from T10i was that it definitely is an IEM that falls into my taste and I want to give it another listen in Essen next week.

I can say though, that regarding the materials and the feel of the build quality, the T10i outperforms the IE800. Also I like over ear cabling more than the direct cable pull of the IE800. The R10i cable is thick but very flexible. It will not curl and I believe that it is of a very sturdy quality. I have a few pictures I will share in a while. 

A few pictures from IFA of the R10i:

Left and right are easy to distinguish by the blue and red colors. 

Nice packaging. Everything you need included - also a nice pouch for transport as seen (in half) on the right. 

The filters - attached to a metal plate like the AKG K3003i.

Wow they must look great in person. Thanks for the comments and the images 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back