***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014
Aug 27, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 258
I liked what I read about the MHA 750 but ended up choosing the IM70 over it which was probably justified. If this beats the IM70 though, then I'll be buying it!

Subbed
smile.gif

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #17 of 258
Quick question for y'all... assuming they made all the sonic improvements we listed above, have a metal build with plenty of accessories, and of course backed it with their warranty and customer service... what would y'all pay for it?

Agree with sfwalcer. $150 for incremental improvement. $200 for game changer.

Aug 27, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #18 of 258
i hope these are an upgrade to ma750 , who themselves are good for the price , balance is not like R3 but its fun !! i hope these will have better balance and tighter bass if not small . looks interesting too !!

Aug 27, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #19 of 258
i am kind of worried about price , i hope its not over 120 pounds !!

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #21 of 258
Sub'd

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #23 of 258
I wld say $129 same price as 750,if it sounds as Altone200 and 95% of GR07s (any iteration)...
biggrin.gif
still its little hi tho....
wink.gif

if it dose everything mentioned above like tigher bass more balance , more forwad mids then ma-750 , and more details , i might pay $300 , its not bad , lets see , i dont have a rha , i was thinking of and than joker told me its mids are not as good as R3 , i gave it up , but might get this .

Aug 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #24 of 258
Hi guys,

Excited to share some more information about the T10i very shortly! If you've not visited our Facebook or Twitter recently, head over for a few more teasers! We'll try and be around following the launch to try and answer any questions you might have, but as you can probably imagine, things are fairly hectic for the team as we gear up towards IFA.

Thanks!

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #26 of 258
if it dose everything mentioned above like tigher bass more balance , more forwad mids then ma-750 , and more details , i might pay $300 , its not bad , lets see , i dont have a rha , i was thinking of and than joker told me its mids are not as good as R3 , i gave it up , but might get this .

err...typo,it shd be A200 "or" GR07 not "and" (both).....
Agree---Thats too much to expect from that price of those 2 gems,combined.......
but then your markup price of $300 is still a costly affair to me even if it sounds as both:wink:

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #28 of 258
err...typo,it shd be A200 "or" GR07 not "and" (both).....
Agree---Thats too much to expect from that price of those 2 gems,combined.......
but then your markup price of $300 is still a costly affair to me even if it sounds as both:wink:

what if better then dn-2000 !! im thinking of something equal to EX1000 if its a single dynamic , if its a hybrid im thinking of dn-2000 , never thought about a200 or GR07 . it needs to be clearly better then ma-750 .

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #29 of 258
Aug 28, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #30 of 258
This thing looks really good; while I can't say it's doing any one thing in a revolutionary way, the way RHA has put so many things people want in a product together into one tight, great-looking package that hits a very good price point is remarkable. The product manager for the T10i needs a raise!

(1) The ear guides look semi-soft and pliable, which would be ideal for memory wire applications IMHO; the ones that use metal wire are too stiff (as well as the big bulky one on the Nuforce Primo 8), while the Sony ones on the XBA-H series border on being too soft (in addition to being too thick). Of course, we'd have to use it to really know, but this one seems to hit the spot.

(2) The molds seem ready for the future; if they want to take the gamble and go with removable cables, they can probably easily retrofit them with removable cables (likely some enterprising fellow from HK, China, or Japan will go ahead and do it anyway). The shape looks different from other IEMs, but seems to be properly derived from ergonomic research. I like the lightly brushed, slightly unfinished look, but I'm sure they can polish that up into a mirror-finished (or whatever) limited edition easily. I've seen lots of MIM-casted IEMs made with Nickel alloy, but not Stainless Steel, so this is new, and it shows that RHA pays attention to process engineering integrating with industrial design, like does Apple Inc. and other successful companies.

(3) I'd privately predicted they might go with interchangeable filters, which are either found in ultra-expensive models (SE846, K3003) or cheap, ugly, mediocre-sounding ones (they look so bad, the model names escape me), so putting this feature in at this sub-$200 (sub-£150) price point is great. However, I can't tell whether those filters are made from plastic or SS, as the photographer chose a very soft lighting technique that minimizes specular highlights.

(4) I'm not sure why they chose to go with the additional red/blue markings when the housings themselves have "R" and "L" so clearly marked. It seems a little extraneous and doesn't quite fit with the overall grey-cast aesthetic. People who actually know that red stands for "right" and blue stands for "left" probably also know how to tell which side is which on an over-ear design by looking at the chiral shape of the housings themselves (or just verify with the L/R markings). If they used the raised dot convention (I believe it's a dot for the left side and no dot for the right), it'd at least be more useful for people who want to put them on in the dark.

Overall, bravo! Even without listening to a single note, I can tell this is a well thought-out product, and it should do well. Looking forward to hearing much more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back