NEW REVIEW: Final Audio Piano Forte II
Dec 23, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #17 of 43
to the op: i disagree on the forte II being bass light. with the foam on and a proper tight fit, you get good bass. it just doesnt extend that low compared to the mx980. soundstage is very wide and has good depth. for the price, this is a no brainer

Dec 23, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #18 of 43
YOu mean for the price you pay in japan...right?
How do you compare it to cm707
to the op: i disagree on the forte II being bass light. with the foam on and a proper tight fit, you get good bass. it just doesnt extend that low compared to the mx980. soundstage is very wide and has good depth. for the price, this is a no brainer

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #19 of 43
Hmmm, i gotta chip in.

I tried to love it.
Didn't.

While I agree with OP that the soundstage is phenomenal, it's clarity was truly lacking.
Sadly, that's a deal-breaker.

THAT'S A DEAL-BREAKER!!

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #20 of 43

Quote:

Bass light to my ears i guess and yes, i see my fault in comparing bass in it to the mx980...really not fair at all, forgive me for my ignorance :p

Quote:

Quote:

I overpaid heavily, musica acoustic charged me more than double, im very upset, the set is as I am told being sold for more like $40

Quote:
Hmmm, i gotta chip in.

I tried to love it.
Didn't.

While I agree with OP that the soundstage is phenomenal, it's clarity was truly lacking.

THAT'S A DEAL-BREAKER!!

I'll sacrifice audio clarity for a nicer presentation.  Poor quality presentation and a crap soundstage + good clarity always equals worthless to me

however, great stage and decent clarity is much more of a win situation to my ears.  

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #21 of 43
Just got a pair at the spur of the moment, while visiting my local audio store. Comparing this to the two other earbuds I own (PK1 & HR1), I like the build quality and details of the earbud. It looks a lot less cheaply built as compared to the PK1 and HR1. However with a brief listen, I do feel as though I have just poured some hard earned cash down the drain, but then again I remember when I bought PK1 which I absolutely hated and I felt sounded congested and thin out of the box, however after some 100 hours of burn in I fell in love with the sound. I hope to burn in the Pianoforte II for about 100 hours, before I have a critical listen to them. Maybe I can do a PK1/HR1/Pianoforte shootout in the not too distant future. As for now even though I love the look and feel of these earbuds, they sound pretty much like noise being pumped out of some floppy carton box.... hopefully the burn in does them some good like with my other earbuds. ( those 15.5mm dynamic drivers need some exercise to get them fit for melody reproduction )

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #22 of 43
the forte IIs are supposed to be sold for 3x LESS than the Pk1, for the price, it does extremely well.

I was conned without a doubt if they are being sold for $40US or so in japan.  I overpaid by more than double.  they, along with the new 9waves, are all in the same tier brackets that I would place the Pk1 in.  Thats saying something. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #23 of 43

Quote:
Quote:

Bass light to my ears i guess and yes, i see my fault in comparing bass in it to the mx980...really not fair at all, forgive me for my ignorance :p

Quote:

Quote:

I overpaid heavily, musica acoustic charged me more than double, im very upset, the set is as I am told being sold for more like $40

Quote:
Hmmm, i gotta chip in.

I tried to love it.
Didn't.

THAT'S A DEAL-BREAKER!!

I'll sacrifice audio clarity for a nicer presentation.  Poor quality presentation and a crap soundstage + good clarity always equals worthless to me

however, great stage and decent clarity is much more of a win situation to my ears.  

Regarding overpaying to Musica Acoustics, I am not sure how much you payed for them but  I am sure you did not overpay much.
where ever you read about 40 dollars price, this is what you can get them in Japanese online store which does not ship outside Japan. Therefore,  unless you live in Japan or have a friend who can order it for you and ship it, hence this way you probably shall save few bucks....
  BTW, I have ordered few earphones from Dimitri and price is more then fare, + you get warranty in case something goes wrong with it. I personally have not had an issue with my earphones so far but one never know.. So if anything, I advice you to contact Dimitri.

So in your opinion this buds not worth the price you paid for them?

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #24 of 43
They were worth the price I paid for them, and hearing that they are sold for $40 in japan makes them more impressive to me, but the forte are not as good as the 9wave ;P

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #25 of 43
I'm thinking about getting some of these, slightly used. Pretty much would only would be able to use them in quiet places, right?

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #28 of 43
Anyone else here thinking that these are pretty uncomfortable to lie down with? Their thick and edged handles cutting into your earlobes, easily the most unsuitable earbuds for bed use I've come across. Soundwise they're ok and nice with piano (or classical in general). But just to put things into perspective @Dekimasu, IEMs like the e-Q5 play rings around these buds. Of course I know that $288 vs. $78 isn't a fair comparison, just saying don't expect miracles...

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #29 of 43

Going thru the thread on this beautiful earbud, and u would hear repeated issues like...
1) lack of clarity,  2) and bass light.
Other than that, most were expecting it to be a "cheap" winner,
considering that it is being produced by a company that produces "expensive" iems. 
I picked one up with anticipation too, but suffered similar underwhelmingness.
confused_face.gif

i have taken a safety pin and pulled out the very thin sponge tat covered the horn-hole.
the clarity has DEFINITELY IMPROVED. (see the veiled foto...lol ..pardon the lack of macro feature on my cheap fone )
This simple procedure, i hope, will stop u selling the piano forte. 
How CLEAR is clear....U TELL ME. 
I am beginning to think the jap engineers do have a winner after all.

Lack of bass is easily solved if u would just twist n rotate the earbud until u get a better seal...
ya ya, i know it a earbud, what seal are we talking about...just TRY IT. There is still a seal...lol
Suddenly, woahhhhh....now THAT is some BASSSSS! 

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #30 of 43

Quote:

Going thru the thread on this beautiful earbud, and u would hear repeated issues like...
1) lack of clarity,  2) and bass light.
Other than that, most were expecting it to be a "cheap" winner,
considering that it is being produced by a company that produces "expensive" iems. 
I picked one up with anticipation too, but suffered similar underwhelmingness.
confused_face.gif

i have taken a safety pin and pulled out the very thin sponge tat covered the horn-hole.
the clarity has DEFINITELY IMPROVED. (see the veiled foto...lol ..pardon the lack of macro feature on my cheap fone )
This simple procedure, i hope, will stop u selling the piano forte. 
How CLEAR is clear....U TELL ME. 
I am beginning to think the jap engineers do have a winner after all.

Lack of bass is easily solved if u would just twist n rotate the earbud until u get a better seal...
ya ya, i know it a earbud, what seal are we talking about...just TRY IT. There is still a seal...lol
Suddenly, woahhhhh....now THAT is some BASSSSS! 

So you managed to get some good seal with this buds? Very impressive
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back