New releases from Meelec: HT-21 Portables, CC51 Ceramic IEMs, A151 Armatures
Dec 13, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #32 of 89
Mellectronics just released their new balanced armature in ear phone.

Quote:
PRLog (Press Release) – Dec 13, 2010 – BA in-ear headphones are highly regarded among discerning listeners and audiophiles for their accuracy and detail level. MEElectronics’ first balanced armature offering, the A151, brings the BA sound signature to the MEE lineup in a stylish housing, perfect for everyone from business travelers to students. Designed to be worn over-the-ear, the A151 is comfortable to wear, stays in place securely, and uses a twisted cable that is very flexible, further enhancing the user experience.

“We are excited to be able to deliver balanced armature technology to our customers, offering the MEE flavor of sound together with the accurate, extremely detailed sound BAs are known for,” said Joe Daileda, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for MEElectronics. “As is always the case with MEE, the A151 offers great sound in an affordable price range with a distinct, classy style that we believe will be widely accepted.”

The A151 will be available late Q1 2011 for $74.99. Accessories include a protective case and 5 sets of ear tips.

link: http://www.prlog.org/11147764-meelectronics-announces-its-first-balanced-armature-in-ear-headphone.html

here is a pic:

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #34 of 89
Would this be MEElectronic's first BA earphone? It looks like they have gone to a different kind of cable than their current cable system and similar to the braided style of the Westone cables.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #35 of 89
So that's why there's a fire sale on their M line. (I picked up another m6-cl today for 13.99, couldn't resist
blink.gif
).

I'm interested to hear these buds -- will they have the house sound? or be flat like a pair of etys. The build quality looks good --better than my er6i for sure -- though I still prefer the old shiny cable. Still at MSRP they're up against a number of good headphones.

Their page is up, but you can't order yet:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_A151_Balanced_Armature_In_Ear_Headph_p/ep-a151-bk-mee.htm

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #36 of 89

Quote:
Would this be MEElectronic's first BA earphone? It looks like they have gone to a different kind of cable than their current cable system and similar to the braided style of the Westone cables.

Yeah, I think this is their first BA. Im really liking the new cables. I wonder how would this compare to their new ceramics.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #37 of 89
Dec 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #38 of 89
Holy crap. It seems MEElectronics is really planning a major overhaul of their current lineup for next year. Can't wait to see (or, more appropriately, hear) how these all turn out in the end!

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #41 of 89
Dec 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #42 of 89
Quote:

Very interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelec /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[size=8pt]Sound Preference Series SP51 In-Ear Headphone with Rear Sound Tuning Ports

The SP51 sound preference in-ear headphone allows users to tune the sound to fit their preference by changing the rear tuning plates. Sound preferences vary from person to person, across music genres, and even with different players. Sound tuning is achieved by changing the rear tuning plates with settings for rock, jazz, and classical. The in-ear design provides passive sound isolation and the 10 mm driver provides dynamic full range sound. More bass, more midrange, or a better balance balance can be quickly achieved by simply change a plate on the back of the housing, eliminating sound degradation that can occur with equalizers.

Sound Preference Series allows the user to adjust the sound to suit their taste resulting in not just great sound, but great sound they way you prefer it!
[/size]

[size=8pt]Features[/size][size=8pt]:
[/size]
  1. [size=8pt]Sound tuning rear ports allow the sound to be changed to your liking[/size]
  1. [size=8pt]Powerful yet balanced full-range 10.0 mm dynamic driver delivers fantastic bass and accurate midrange and treble[/size]
  1. [size=8pt]Metal design is durable and stylish[/size]
  1. [size=8pt]In-ear design provides passive noise cancellation[/size]
  1. [size=8pt]Compatible with iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD players, computers, and all devices with a standard 3.5mm jack[/size]

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #43 of 89

Quote:
So that's why there's a fire sale on their M line. (I picked up another m6-cl today for 13.99, couldn't resist
blink.gif
).

I'm interested to hear these buds -- will they have the house sound? or be flat like a pair of etys. The build quality looks good --better than my er6i for sure -- though I still prefer the old shiny cable. Still at MSRP they're up against a number of good headphones.

Their page is up, but you can't order yet:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_A151_Balanced_Armature_In_Ear_Headph_p/ep-a151-bk-mee.htm

I was wondering where'd you find the M6 for $13.99

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #44 of 89
Wow, I spend one day away from Head-Fi and Meelec throws out... 5 new earphones? The armature looks great. I've heard the CC51 ceramics and think they are tuned towards the consumer end of the audio spectrum. Hopefully the A151 will be tuned for Head-Fiers 
wink.gif
. I've heard prototypes of the CX21 and CW31 and unless they've been re-tuned the CX21 should become a real community favorite in bang/buck. No idea what the RX11 and SP51 are without photos. I'll add all the info to the OP tomorrow.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #45 of 89
directly from their website at http://www.meelec.com/

they have some holiday promotions going on, with a different model and color everyday (changes at midnight). Amazon has had the m6/p, m9/p as lightning deals for a similar price. Just keep checking back and the deal should come up again considering there are still quite a few days left in the promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back