[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
Jan 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

Swimsonny

Aka: thegardener & ScooterBilly
Undeclared Member of the Trade: Inearspace
writing positive reviews of products he was reselling.
I noticed on a few hifi sites that in there CES coverage they included some information about the ADL booth. ADL were there showing off two new products, a headphone and a new portable DAC/Amp. It was the DAC/Amp that really caught my eye because it has been optimised for use with android device, computers AND iDevices. Now i know there are a bigger numbers of these type devices these days but i still think it is exciting when a new one comes out because we are still in single figures as far as i know.

The basics of this i would say are quite similar to the GoDAP X but of course it does have its differences on both internals and external features. What really stood out for me is the optical out and the ESS Sabre ES9023 USB DAC! It also seems to have a great form factor which was one of the downsides it seems from the last portable amplifier ADL released, the cruise.

I do have a spec sheet on my phone but it does not want to loa don my computer but i will try and get that with you soon, it sure is interesting!

Anyway, i will be getting it when it is released and i think it is a product that we should keep our eyes on for sure.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 89
Here is another picture and the specs sheet!

Quite nice specs hey!
Quote:

I have been told April is a lot more likely.
Quote:
i wonder how this will compete with the current smartphones os dacs especially the venturecraft go dap x , since its the same function at the same price

That is what i am excited to find out!

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 89
Got too try this today, next too a HP-P1 (first time trying that as well) both with my Lear LCM-5 and i was very impressed by both, maybe this more considering price, this is a prototype, the more options like optical out with this, the better form factor and the fact it was the lightest portable amp i have ever felt. Also sounded amazing, so spacious and airy and very neutral! I loved every minute of it an can not wait to get my hands on it, I also tried the headphones and they sound greta for closed design and the cable was awesome being Furutech!

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 89
Quote:
Got too try this today, next too a HP-P1 (first time trying that as well) both with my Lear LCM-5 and i was very impressed by both, maybe this more considering price, this is a prototype, the more options like optical out with this, the better form factor and the fact it was the lightest portable amp i have ever felt. Also sounded amazing, so spacious and airy and very neutral! I loved every minute of it an can not wait to get my hands on it, I also tried the headphones and they sound greta for closed design and the cable was awesome being Furutech!

Interesting! Can't wait to hear your thoughts after a detailed listening session... I'm in the process of switching up my portable rig, and this sounds like it has some potential. Would be particularly interested to hear your impressions of the HP-P1 vs the X1! Keep us posted on how that bad boy sounds, Swimsonny!! :)

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 89
I can not wait to do one. I was actually at the Bristol Sound and Vision Show today and ADL where there. The X1 was a prototype and the firmware is not finished so i could only use with their iPod Touch which was fortunately loaded with familiar audio. The HP-P1 was of a fellow head fier i bumped into while in the showroom who i recognised from a previous meet so i will never really be able to do the detailed comparison unless i get a HP-P1 which i am not too sure will happen. The X1 one i will get however in march/april and will be a finished version and is till have a bucket of sources for comparisons. 

On a simple sound note this really does have potential, in fact i will go as far as saying it was really good. I first listened to the Cruise while in the booth and it is not a bad DAC/Amp. They asked me how it is and i said alright. They replied just alright and i went yes, if i am honest which i try to be (it did not sound bad or do much wrong but it did not wow like the X1 did). I then tried the X1 and they could just see me grinning ear to ear and i said how stupidly impressed i was, it really did sound good.

Then you have a very light weight device with great form factor. iDevice Compatible. Android Compatible. PC/Mac Compatible. 24/196 check. I think we have something special in the making for sure.

Oh and price was £480. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #10 of 89
Awesome. I agree, man, if they really nail it on the sound quality front, this could be pretty fantastic :wink:. Keep us posted, bud!!

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 89
Quote:
I can not wait to do one. I was actually at the Bristol Sound and Vision Show today and ADL where there. The X1 was a prototype and the firmware is not finished so i could only use with their iPod Touch which was fortunately loaded with familiar audio. The HP-P1 was of a fellow head fier i bumped into while in the showroom who i recognised from a previous meet so i will never really be able to do the detailed comparison unless i get a HP-P1 which i am not too sure will happen. The X1 one i will get however in march/april and will be a finished version and is till have a bucket of sources for comparisons. 

On a simple sound note this really does have potential, in fact i will go as far as saying it was really good. I first listened to the Cruise while in the booth and it is not a bad DAC/Amp. They asked me how it is and i said alright. They replied just alright and i went yes, if i am honest which i try to be (it did not sound bad or do much wrong but it did not wow like the X1 did). I then tried the X1 and they could just see me grinning ear to ear and i said how stupidly impressed i was, it really did sound good.

Then you have a very light weight device with great form factor. iDevice Compatible. Android Compatible. PC/Mac Compatible. 24/196 check. I think we have something special in the making for sure.

Oh and price was £480. 

How much is that in dollars?  I think at thay price point i kinda expect then to be above the godapx

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #13 of 89
Hope the review gear arrives soon.

The ADL iD30-PA is quite a nice cable too. I had a problematic one with pins not connecting well, but the replacement is all good. A shade better transparency over stock. Did the ADL Cruise you heard use ADL cables too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back