New Pro Balanced Amp!!
Mar 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #61 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I generally advocate only giving advice and recommendations based on personal experience, to provide another perspective - not every piece of equipment you see is worth buying to try, most times if you simply look at the design, you can make a good judgement call on whether it's worth it.

I think you listen with your eyes first, something that is unappealing will never sound good to you.

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #62 of 74
It's reasonable, I think, for someone who understands amplifier design to comment on potential flaws in a design from looking at it. There's a lot of gear out there, and it's helpful to eliminate some things early on in the process, saving time and money. An underpowered, underspec'd chip amp design that's marketted as a "pro monitoring solution" for $750 is probably easily eliminated, for example.

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #63 of 74
I'd assume the OP works for the manufacturer, or is receiving something for his posts. You can tell a lot from an internal photograph

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #64 of 74
sir,
sorry but you're totally wrong.I'm not in any way payed or associated
with the manufacturer.I'm just an happy owner that before buying this
piece of gear has tried other pro amps.And even before buyin the hpba-2
has had the opportunity of trying it for 6 hours with his own pro gear and
reference recordings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd assume the OP works for the manufacturer, or is receiving something for his posts. You can tell a lot from an internal photograph

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #65 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by fradoca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sir,
sorry but you're totally wrong.I'm not in any way payed or associated
with the manufacturer.I'm just an happy owner that before buying this
piece of gear has tried other pro amps.And even before buyin the hpba-2
has had the opportunity of trying it for 6 hours with his own pro gear and
reference recordings.

Out of curiosity, what other amplifiers have you listened to? Typically, you would always fall in love with your first amplifier due to the lack of experience...

Also, I really do believe that the word "pro" is being used incorrectly since I feel it affiliates with marketing...

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #66 of 74
I apologize for suggesting you were affiliated with the manufacturer. Your post came across that way.

Pro is a meaningless term when it comes to sound quality. Some really good and really terrible equipment bears that label. It mostly suggests rugged design, the use of xlr or TRS connectors, and not much else.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #67 of 74
SPL Phonitor and Lake people G100 both connected with balanced cable
to my mastering grade Mytek dac.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity, what other amplifiers have you listened to? Typically, you would always fall in love with your first amplifier due to the lack of experience...

Also, I really do believe that the word "pro" is being used incorrectly since I feel it affiliates with marketing...

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #68 of 74
It cant possibly sound good because i dont like the colour
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #69 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about essentially nothing at all at all between the front and back face-plates except a ribbon cable?

Van Den Hul P-1 preamp:
p1inside.jpg

p1insidefrt.jpg

This is the photo that shows the chips i was speaking about. On the green circuit board that the ribbon cable attaches to, there are some chips mounted on the board. I thought all the box had was the one tiny board mounted in the middle of the box by the transformer.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #70 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the photo that shows the chips i was speaking about. On the green circuit board that the ribbon cable attaches to, there are some chips mounted on the board. I thought all the box had was the one tiny board mounted in the middle of the box by the transformer.

Those "chips" are very likely to be the controllers for the LCD display on the front and the board connected to the transformer is the PSU.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #71 of 74
Quote:

Those "chips" are very likely to be the controllers for the LCD display on the front and the board connected to the transformer is the PSU.

Oh, maybe.
If so, then the display controller board is bigger and more complex than the amp board...lol.

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #73 of 74
Quote:

I'd bet that there is no amp board - no amplification, just attenuation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well I guess you can technically call the relay board the preAMP board
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #74 of 74
Quote:

I'd bet that there is no amp board - no amplification, just attenuation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes.....just that ribbon cable from the from knobs to the rear outputs
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back