New Pro Balanced Amp!!
Mar 22, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #31 of 74
I guess we will have to wait for the review of the sound of this thing.
They probably use such a big case to make it look like you got something for your money.

People dont cry when paying $35+ for Grado sponges, or $80 each for blackgate caps.

None are worth it either. Or $1000+ for a 1 metre rca cable.

Worth is all what you make of it.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #32 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess we will have to wait for the review of the sound of this thing.
They probably use such a big case to make it look like you got something for your money.

People dont cry when paying $35+ for Grado sponges, or $80 each for blackgate caps.

None are worth it either. Or $1000+ for a 1 metre rca cable.

Worth is all what you make of it.

Well, here the circuits and the cables are all made of silver... And those guys do not print 10 nor 100 circuits per day...

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #33 of 74
the internals left me dead cold, then the price did it for me
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #37 of 74
How about essentially nothing at all at all between the front and back face-plates except a ribbon cable?

Van Den Hul P-1 preamp:
p1inside.jpg

p1insidefrt.jpg

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #38 of 74
Now that looks like a nice pre-amp (glorified name for volume control). Nothing there except a relay attenuator.
tongue.gif

The chip is certainly not a TPA6120A2 as those only come in the 20-pin DWP package. The one in the amp is 8-pin SOIC. A real kicker would be if they shave the engravings off it too. Wonder if ALO does...

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #39 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about essentially nothing at all at all between the front and back face-plates except a ribbon cable?

Van Den Hul P-1 preamp:
p1inside.jpg

p1insidefrt.jpg

Ok, well at least i see some more circuitry on the back of the faceplate and back plate...theres a bunch of IC chips in there. I thought all there was , is a small board and its done. Still they could have made it 1/3 its size really.

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #40 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very expensive (essentially) chipamp...

you should see the Apache
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, well at least i see some more circuitry on the back of the faceplate and back plate...theres a bunch of IC chips in there. I thought all there was , is a small board and its done. Still they could have made it 1/3 its size really.

But then it wouldn't have the same impressive size!
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #42 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But then it wouldn't have the same impressive size!
tongue.gif

Well, to be fair, when you do make something small and compact, it can have some negative effects, particularly with regard to weight. Don't want the thing doing wheelies from the weight of the cables, or sliding off a table or desk.

se

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #43 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, to be fair, when you do make something small and compact, it can have some negative effects, particularly with regard to weight. Don't want the thing doing wheelies from the weight of the cables, or sliding off a table or desk.

se

While I understand general concept, the idea of a cable having significant enough weight or size to be able to make a preamp do "wheelies" or slide off a table is quite ridiculous. Then again, that cable would have to be.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #44 of 74
Don't know how many of you have tested this unit, before spitting sentences.
I did, the can was a HD600, and dt770 in another test.
This amp is from the pro audio world.
If you think that a cmoy sounds better, well go and buy it, that's what you deserve!

This amp has been designed for the critical mixing/mastering session, when you need to know what you are mixing (true to the source).

I have tested so many units.
The hpba-2 doesn't do that much, but it's king at what it does.
It's a real monitor, the others just amplify. I hope you get the point.

If you're looking for a pleasure listening just go elsewhere.
If you need the reality of what you are doing with your mixes, man take an hpba-2, hook it with an hd-800, and you're done!

And please, if you want to judge, do it for what you know, not for an impression from a picture!

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #45 of 74
thank you very much!!!
that's exactly whay i was trying to say to these people.
The hpba2 monitors the others just amplify.
It's a device made for the pro audio world.
No sound coloration.
But i'll more clear in my next review.

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3nity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know how many of you have tested this unit, before spitting sentences.
I did, the can was a HD600, and dt770 in another test.
This amp is from the pro audio world.
If you think that a cmoy sounds better, well go and buy it, that's what you deserve!

This amp has been designed for the critical mixing/mastering session, when you need to know what you are mixing (true to the source).

I have tested so many units.
The hpba-2 doesn't do that much, but it's king at what it does.
It's a real monitor, the others just amplify. I hope you get the point.

If you're looking for a pleasure listening just go elsewhere.
If you need the reality of what you are doing with your mixes, man take an hpba-2, hook it with an hd-800, and you're done!

And please, if you want to judge, do it for what you know, not for an impression from a picture!

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back