New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Nov 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #136 of 557
I sent an email to them a while back and never heard from them either. If it's a one man show, I'm guessing he's just swamped? Still...

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #137 of 557
makes me worry about if i bought one and had a problem sometime down the line. if i can't get a hold of them then how would i get the issue resolved? doesn't make me want to buy a product from them.

Quote:
I sent an email to them a while back and never heard from them either. If it's a one man show, I'm guessing he's just swamped? Still...

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #139 of 557
So far, just crickets... 
frown.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #142 of 557
Purple and green would set the XM6 apart from some of the other amps, yes... 
biggrin.gif

Any color right now would be welcome if PD would just release the things, or I am going to have a one-off special amp.
That may be good later if I ever decide to sell or trade 
biggrin.gif
 (although right now, it is definitely a keeper!)

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #144 of 557
     Quote:
You'd think there would be some news out before Christmas...

I send an inquiry e-mail periodically, but haven't heard back from my last two. 
frown.gif

Hopefully, they will kick it off soon, because it is a good DAC/Amp.  I wonder if James is doing improvements or just evaluating the playing field before setting a price...

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #145 of 557
For his sake, I hope he's considering improvements or something to bring the wow factor. RSA, Meier and iBasso have really stepped up their game these last few months. If James had gotten his product out earlier, it might have been able to build some steam and at least garner some comparitive reviews. As it looks right now, the race for the next generation of portables has already taken off without him.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #146 of 557
Not to mention the Headstage Arrow 12HE!

Mine just recently shipped after a fairly long wait.  I'm not sure much on the market can touch this thing from a SQ or features perspective.

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #147 of 557
At a recent meet, the general impressions favoured the Pico Slim over the Arrow 2G. More money and less features though, hmm.

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #149 of 557
And it's now available... at $395 USD
confused_face.gif

http://www.practicaldevices.com/index.htm

edit: I guess it's not that bad considering the competition these days, but that's still a rather substantial jump from the XM5. It kinda sits somewhere between iBasso and RSA.

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #150 of 557
is this better than the headstage arrow ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back