NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Aug 26, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #121 of 322
I love the Aiva..and really hoped for a great flagship from Sendy’s hands..but damn this looks really poor…and not like something I’d throw 1800$ at. The Aiva may well end up sounding like the flagship.
1628140785208.jpeg

To be fair: the Peacock looks leaps and bounds better than any of the über expensive Kennerton models…which isn’t saying a whole lot.
There’s just something inherantly foul smelling as well as insane crazy when headphones in this price range get their asses handed to them by a 350$ Hifiman Sundara🤪
When I look at this graph my only consideration is sub bass roll off after 60 Hz. Also a bit shy on the low treble.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #122 of 322
I'm in for that kind of sound. I am looking for HD6XX kind of forgiving sound but with little more width and depth. I recently tried Ananda again but they are little bright for my taste but they are open and wide enough for me.

How is the soundstage compared something like Arya or HD800s?
I can't compare with either of these, but generally there's a lot of width and height, depth not so much.

Aug 26, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #123 of 322
Zeos says these are LCD X Killer, please do post your impressions.

Are these for real or just another hype train?

Zeos was probably just on uppers when he shot this video. That or he just received a limited edition anime girl statue in the mail and he's reality excited. I'd look elsewhere for more objective reviews.

I actually like him and find him entertaining, but I don't take any of his audio opinions with weight. His track record speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #124 of 322
Zeos was probably just on uppers when he shot this video. That or he just received a limited edition anime girl statue in the mail and he's reality excited. I'd look elsewhere for more objective reviews.

I actually like him and find him entertaining, but I don't take any of his audio opinions with weight. His track record speaks for itself.
I agree his audio opinion is questionable but his opinion on build quality, comfort and features etc. is considerable.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #125 of 322
I agree his audio opinion is questionable but his opinion on build quality, comfort and features etc. is considerable.
True, although he does border on the obsessive-compulsive side quite often. How much kink a stock cable has would be one of the last things I would personally care about on a headphone.

The Peacocks do appear to built quite well, I'll give them that.

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #126 of 322
Zeos is apparently extremely exciteable and can go overboard with enthusiasm when he thinks he hears something special. This can then result in duds like the GL2000. Also, his taste apparently isn't necessarily very 'harman-ish' which increases the risk that his preferences might not be yours. Therefore, blindly following his recommendations is probably not the best idea. However, if his taste is compatible with yours, he can at least give you an idea what might be worth looking at. Taste matters. A lot!

As far as the Peacocks are concerned although i like them pretty much as he does i don't think they have universal appeal. A good question to ask from somebody who might be interested in them and who has some experience with audiophile gear would be "Do you like classic OTL tube amp sound?". If the answer is "No", this headphone probably can be ignored. If the answer is "Yes", it's most probably very much worth a try.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #128 of 322
Listening to Phoebe Bridgers "Punisher" on the Peacocks - another album which i like a lot and which clearly sounds the best so far from the headphones i listened to on the Peacocks. What a pity that many headphiles probably will never give these a chance because they are too fixated on measurements and technicalities or have a problem with expensive products by chinese manufacturers...
Where did you buy the Peacock?

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #130 of 322
So is this Peacock better than the Arya? Or just another Hype train
So far, most people who actually listen to them seem to like them a lot while people who have no inclination to even try them like to crap on them.

Aug 28, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #132 of 322
So is this Peacock better than the Arya? Or just another Hype train
From everything you read about the Peacock, it is definitely different from the Arya.
In the end, it depends on how you personally like the headphones, because everyone feels differently.

I had the Meze Empyrean and sold it again after 6 months - for me it was not the "great" pair of Cans it is traded as here.
I also had the Arya, and I sold it again, simply because it was too strenuous for me and was far too dependent on the quality of the recording.
Just like its big brothers, the HE1000Vs and SE.

The only Cans who has really and truly convinced me so far is the HEDD.
A completely different way of enjoying your music, and that's exactly what I hope for from the Peacock.

Mine should arrive today, I'm very excited.

Aug 28, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #133 of 322
From everything you read about the Peacock, it is definitely different from the Arya.
In the end, it depends on how you personally like the headphones, because everyone feels differently.

I had the Meze Empyrean and sold it again after 6 months - for me it was not the "great" pair of Cans it is traded as here.
I also had the Arya, and I sold it again, simply because it was too strenuous for me and was far too dependent on the quality of the recording.
Just like its big brothers, the HE1000Vs and SE.

The only Cans who has really and truly convinced me so far is the HEDD.
A completely different way of enjoying your music, and that's exactly what I hope for from the Peacock.

Mine should arrive today, I'm very excited.
Yes, to each their own.

Empyrean is not relaxed sound always IMO, sometimes it hits you with the shimmering treble which reminded of the ear piercing times with HD800.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #134 of 322
After listening for a couple of hours I can say that these are wonderful headphones.

B6FAD5D8-2A96-492B-9DE3-3D7B1E9E2747.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back