NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Aug 13, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #91 of 322
11556543.jpg

Peacock. Cheeks.

Aug 15, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #93 of 322
As @FooFighter asked me about it, here are some more thoughts on the Peacock in comparison to the D9200, which might be of interest for some other people, too:

-Imaging and staging - Peacock. Extremely good positioning of instruments, excellent (tube-like) layers. The Peacock's imaging has a lot more height. Depth is pretty much the same as with the D9200.
- Peacock is more laid back but on the other hand has better macrodynamics (more of difference between loud and less loud parts of a track) which imo are the only clear weakness of the D9200.
- better bass quality on D9200 as far as punch and texture are concerned, Peacock mid bass has more weight. Still clearly a win for the D9200.
- Vocals, especially female ones, are clearly better on Peacock, however with slight shimmering in the upper frequencies. Not sibilant, but sometimes close to it.
- Resolution: really hard to say, the D9200 seems to be more obviously highly resolving, but the mellowed tuning of the Peacock makes a comparison difficult. However, i'd still say the D9200 has the upper hand here.
- D9200 is imo pretty much unbeatable as far as timbre is concerned, but the Peacock is very close.

Other aspects: In the end, at this point i personally clearly prefer the Peacock, but the most important reason is its OTL-tube like intoxicating musicality. If the typical OTL tube sound (warmth, layering, lushness...) is not your thing, you might want to give these a pass. If it however is, you are really in for a treat.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #94 of 322
@Uebelkraehe
If I'm not mistaken, you had HEDD too, didn't you?
Where do you see the peacock compared to the HEDD?
I would be most interested in the comparison to the bass.

Aug 15, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #95 of 322
What would also be extremely helpful if someone could comment how these differ from Meze Empyreans.

Aug 16, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #96 of 322
@Uebelkraehe
If I'm not mistaken, you had HEDD too, didn't you?
Where do you see the peacock compared to the HEDD?
I would be most interested in the comparison to the bass.
As the Hedd is imo on the extreme end of 'speed, control and extension but little weight' for bass the same as for the D9200 applies to an even greater extent. Much more control, speed and texture for the Hedd, but a lot less physical presence. The Peacock and the Heddphone in general are almost philosophical opposites (and i like them both a lot for very different reasons).

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #97 of 322
Btw according to 'Hawaiibadboy' on Hifi Guides, these are worse than the Empyrean's as far as resolution is concerned. I think that's possible, though my impression is that these are competent enough. But i would absolutely agree that they can safely be ignored if you are looking for some super fast detail monster. These will not put up a fight against your Utopia, Susvara, Abyss or Heddphone etc. in this regard.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #98 of 322
Thank you for your opinion.
In the end, it will probably only help me to listen to a Peacock.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #99 of 322
theoretically 2 weeks return policy at least for my dealer.
But for the price I got it's I hope a no-brainer.
As a good chat friend is happy with it I am now going for it too, hopefully next delivery coming in beginning of next week - whereas with an Auteur I am not sure if I would seek further... haven't listend to one though yet.
In my case I am haoppy with my closed Denons for more fast and engaging experience with good bass performance and resolution.
The Peacock is supposed to be a relaxing charming experience like my Elysiums as IEMs.
From all what I have heard they should deliver that

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #100 of 322
If you buy from a dealer in the EU , at least 14 days no questions asked return is obligatory. And it's always best to try for yourself if possible. No one knows better than you what you really like.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #101 of 322
Currently it is only available in Germany from Audiodomain, so I don't want to order it.

If it is available from Thomann, I'll test it out.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #102 of 322
Currently it is only available in Germany from Audiodomain, so I don't want to order it.

If it is available from Thomann, I'll test it out.
http://www.audition6.de
he's ordering always a few at a time.
I got one of the last 2 for next weeks delivery

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #103 of 322
What would also be extremely helpful if someone could comment how these differ from Meze Empyreans.
Empyreans have deeper soundstage.
Peacocks play more in-your-ear. Empyreans scene is as if you were sitting in last row. Peacock is like in first row, however spatial positioning is top notch with both.
Peacocks have much richer timbre. Empyreans are more black-and-white, not so colorfull.
Peacocks have more prominent highs, but still not harsh highs.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #104 of 322
For those who might get the chance to give the Peacocks a try London Grammar's "Californian Soil" is imo a must (unless that's not at all your kind of music, of course). The rendition of that album with the Peacocks simply blew me away. Absolutely mesmerizing...

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #105 of 322
Hello,
the Peacock may not necessarily correspond to my design ideas from the visual aspect, but from a purely sonic point of view, the small Chinese manufacture has undoubtedly succeeded in creating a musical bull's eye. Especially in this price range. The Peacock‘s unique way of sensitively interpreting musical gems and, as it were, backing them with an incomparably delicate melting, simply inspires all along the line. And in my opinion that's exactly what headphones are made for... :wink:
Greetings
Fidelio

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back