NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Aug 11, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #78 of 322
I already offered to shill but no response.
I think you have to send them an email or something if you haven't already. Not sure though.

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #79 of 322
My first impressions of Peacocks:
Warm, pleasant, fun signature with some sparkle.
Combines attention to details and smoothness - higher mids / highs have a lot of details but somehow manage to be not harsh.
Natural tone/timbre of instruments that reminds me Denon D5000 or Ether Flow.
Detailed and relaxing.
Not too much lows.
Great vocals.
Presentation is rather intimate (to the ears, like D8000, not in front like in Empyreans). Positioning of instrument in space is precise, quite wide but not very deep.
Easy to drive.
Comfort is ok - somewhere between D8000 (not comfortable) and Sundara/Arya/HE1000 (comfortable).

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #80 of 322
Combines attention to details and smoothness - higher mids / highs have a lot of details but somehow manage to be not harsh.
Detailed and relaxing.
Not too much lows.
Great vocals.
Presentation is rather intimate (to the ears, like D8000, not in front like in Empyreans). Positioning of instrument in space is precise, quite wide but not very deep.
Easy to drive.
Comfort is ok - somewhere between D8000 (not comfortable) and Sundara/Arya/HE1000 (comfortable).
Can you tell me more about lows? Not too much but are they controlled and have good quality/timbre? Can you tell me the setup you use with the peacock? Many thanks!

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #81 of 322
Detailed and relaxing.
Not too much lows.
Great vocals.
Easy to drive.
Sounds good, but these seem to be shaping up to be at least a bit controversial (DMS apparently pretty much despises them), maybe not too surprising taking into account the tuning. I'll get mine tomorrow and make sure to use the return period to the fullest, don't want to fall victim to 'new toy syndrome' only to become dissillusioned later on with something as pricy as the Peacock.

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #82 of 322
Sounds good, but these seem to be shaping up to be at least a bit controversial (DMS apparently pretty much despises them), maybe not too surprising taking into account the tuning. I'll get mine tomorrow and make sure to use the return period to the fullest, don't want to fall victim to 'new toy syndrome' only to become dissillusioned later on with something as pricy as the Peacock.

Absolutely, please keep your pockets safe brother

I honestly think they are worth it for me, but I always always advise everyone to be safe and not keep something they are not fully satisfied with.

The bottom end of the peacock is going to be the most complicated aspect for me too, I like it so far, but that is what I have the most doubts about.

CZ-10 from crosszone did not impress me at all at first on bass, but lately they became bass heavy with nice extension, and i like them.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #83 of 322
Can you tell me more about lows? Not too much but are they controlled and have good quality/timbre? Can you tell me the setup you use with the peacock? Many thanks!
I have listened to them with iFi iDSD Pro. They don't need tube mode to bump up timbre as some other headphones do. Yes, lows are controlled and with good timbre but not in high amount. They appear when needed but never dominate. The main frequency are the mids. Highs are also not shy but never harsh.

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #84 of 322
Very early impressions after a few hours and therefore to be digested with appropriate caution etc. pp.:

These seem to live up to the (mini-) hype. Have yet to find a track that doesn't sound good on them. They aren't eagerly impressing their technicalities on the listener, but i don't feel at all that they are lacking in this department. And despite of the relaxed tuning, they can slam pretty nicely (i'm just listening to Tools "Fear Inoculum" which very much confirms this). Excellent timbre and imaging, very decent but not outstanding (more wide than deep) soundstage. Massive and very present sound (Sorry if this isn't clear, i'm having difficulties describing it. It sounds 'bigger' than my other headphones and very immediate).

A few quibbles as far as details are concerned, imo the most important one being the choice of connectors. They are 4-pin Mini XLR which isn't unusual. However, the male connector is on the cable while the female connector is on the headphone. Afaik as i know the opposite is typical, which will make it more difficult to find cable alternatives. The included cable however is pretty nice. Some smaller design choices are questionable, too (these huge plastic color markers for the connector sides are simply ugly). And the gold plated backs are of course very much a matter of taste. The pads and their orientation are also a bit irritating, but i seem to be getting a good seal nevertheless. Headband is actually much nicer in reality than it looks on the pictures and is pretty comfortable. Overall build quality looks good.

All in all these seem to be worth the money as an easy to listen (but not all 'tame') excellent allrounder so far. Edit: I still like these a lot, but fell for my own listening preferences here. Please disregard the "allrounder" thing. If your preferred kind of music benefits from speed and control, this is not the headphone for you. The same applies to deep soundstage.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #85 of 322
Some pics for your viewing pleasure:

DSC03747-3-2.jpg

DSC03764-4.jpg

DSC03765-5.jpg

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #86 of 322
Thx for the early impressions!
With "immediate" you mean the signature is more direct / into the face and not laid back?
How would you describe the listener position like e.g. 1st row (as it is with my Denon AH-D9200) or last row with HD800S?

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #87 of 322
No it is definitely laid back, and i'd say the listener position is closer to first than last row. The soundstage is however pretty wide, as mentioned. And maybe 'unfiltered' does describe better what i'm hearing? I'm really not sure.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #88 of 322
Interesting to me that it's laid back and has a wide sound stage and that you enjoyed it with listening to Tool is giving me some hopes.
Give it some burn in.
As I am now reading you even possess my Denon AH-D9200 I really like to hear how you see the Peacock as a complement or similar in some aspects

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #89 of 322
Aug 13, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #90 of 322
looking into one of the first German threads where the Peacock was first discussed at (https://www.open-end-music.com/foru...l-size/611834-vorstellung-sendy-audio-peacock) now the 2nd Peacock owner with top tier can experience is finding them quite nice out of the box with potential to play way above its price: musical, emotional, giving body to voices and instruments, timbre, laid back, warm, not overly resolving for "counting peas" but for enjoyment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back