NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Aug 19, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #106 of 322
So nothing happening here? I'm at the point where it is patently clear that the Peacocks will stay with me, as Musicalhead stated so well their 'incomparable delicate melting' makes them absolutely worth it unless speed and explicit demonstration of detail is what you are primarily after. Gave them a little sub bass EQ bump in Roon (+5 dB from 60 Hertz) which nicely firmed up that problem area, too.

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #107 of 322
Listening to Phoebe Bridgers "Punisher" on the Peacocks - another album which i like a lot and which clearly sounds the best so far from the headphones i listened to on the Peacocks. What a pity that many headphiles probably will never give these a chance because they are too fixated on measurements and technicalities or have a problem with expensive products by chinese manufacturers...

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #108 of 322
Aug 21, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #109 of 322
Hi
Sorry for raising expectations.
I was going back and forth in my mind and finally decided to go for the new Meze headphones being announced soon

Aug 21, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #110 of 322
Aug 23, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #111 of 322
The imaging of these is really crazy, especially in regards to height, never heard anything like it so far. Strangely not so much in games however...

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #112 of 322
Headfonics has reviewed the Peacocks now, too, and they are quite happy with it. And though i generally think they tend to be a bit overly postive, i obviously mostly agree in this case despite of not necessarily being able to confirm every detail in their review (i.e. sub bass on my pair with stock tuning certainly isn't elevated, but maybe they are just talking about mid bass).

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #114 of 322
After listening to the LCD X 2021 for a week and being more than disappointed with it, it is now going back and I have ordered a Peacock - it should be there on Saturday, I'm curious.

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #118 of 322
After listening to the LCD X 2021 for a week and being more than disappointed with it, it is now going back and I have ordered a Peacock - it should be there on Saturday, I'm curious.
They'll certainly be something different and you'll probably either love them or despise them.

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #119 of 322
Zeos says these are LCD X Killer, please do post your impressions.

Are these for real or just another hype train?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #120 of 322
As @FooFighter asked me about it, here are some more thoughts on the Peacock in comparison to the D9200, which might be of interest for some other people, too:

-Imaging and staging - Peacock. Extremely good positioning of instruments, excellent (tube-like) layers. The Peacock's imaging has a lot more height. Depth is pretty much the same as with the D9200.
- Peacock is more laid back but on the other hand has better macrodynamics (more of difference between loud and less loud parts of a track) which imo are the only clear weakness of the D9200.
- better bass quality on D9200 as far as punch and texture are concerned, Peacock mid bass has more weight. Still clearly a win for the D9200.
- Vocals, especially female ones, are clearly better on Peacock, however with slight shimmering in the upper frequencies. Not sibilant, but sometimes close to it.
- Resolution: really hard to say, the D9200 seems to be more obviously highly resolving, but the mellowed tuning of the Peacock makes a comparison difficult. However, i'd still say the D9200 has the upper hand here.
- D9200 is imo pretty much unbeatable as far as timbre is concerned, but the Peacock is very close.

Other aspects: In the end, at this point i personally clearly prefer the Peacock, but the most important reason is its OTL-tube like intoxicating musicality. If the typical OTL tube sound (warmth, layering, lushness...) is not your thing, you might want to give these a pass. If it however is, you are really in for a treat.
I'm in for that kind of sound. I am looking for HD6XX kind of forgiving sound but with little more width and depth. I recently tried Ananda again but they are little bright for my taste but they are open and wide enough for me.

How is the soundstage compared something like Arya or HD800s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back