New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
May 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
The Pioneer SE-MJ751 fully-enclosed “Bass Head” headphones are now available in Japan via GeekStuff4U. Priced at just $167.40, these headphones feature the “Bass Tune” knob that enables you to control the amount of bass directly on your headphones.

The Pioneer SE-MJ751 headphones come equipped with a pair of 40mm driver that produce a frequency response of 8Hz – 28,000Hz with a 16-Ohm of impedance, a 3.5mm stereo mini-plug and a 1.2-meter detachable cable.

http://www.pioneer-store.nl/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/335x335/74ebefe541d8d850eaf49a89991a2b90/s/e/se-mj751_1.jpg

May 20, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 80
They look like they want to compete with Beats.

May 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 80
Wow, Pioneer might actually be able to do this. Where I am Pioneers actually seem more, or about as popular as Beats and if they make these sound as good as my HDJ-500's or better (given the price tag), hopefully with more mids and tune-able bass, they may be able to beat the Beats (bad pun, I know). 
Sadly, they'll probably sound worse as a compromise for the tune-able bass (and retain a V-shape sound signature), but a man can dream...

Oh yeah, I think these are accompanied by Pioneer's new DJ headphones, which I assume are made to replace the similarly priced, yet much older HDJ-1000's that have been Pioneer's main DJ headphones for so long (as you undoubtedly know already).

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/newsroom/news/HDJ-1500/index.html

May 21, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #5 of 80
Will be looking forward to it, just like all your unboxing vids.
And is it just me or do these look like the Denons that are replacing the Dx000 series?
I guess that's just what Beats have done to the market though.

May 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 80
I don't like the looks of the MJ751. Sound quality is another thing altogether, of course, but right off the bat, I'm probably not going to buy these headphones primarily because of its looks. It follows a similar cookie cutter pattern of cans that Soul by Ludacris, Fanny Wang and SMS Audio have used - the Beats template. It obviously looks nice for some, since Beats are hugely popular worldwide. For me however, I hate that design, and would very prefer the traditional DJ style as seen in the HDJX000 line. At least the new HDJ1500 retains that familiar look.

May 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #7 of 80
Well my biggest gripe would be they look quite small, on-ear possibly... hopefully it's just the pic missleading. Not a fan of the style either but I'm purely prioritizing the sound aspect as I just keep using my headphones at home so I wouldn't care if they looked like say for example those cute pinkish "Hello Kitty" headphones or whatever haha.

Pioneer make good audio stuff, their mixers are by far the most liked and the HDJ headphone line is very popular among DJs (particularly the 2000), I just hope this one isn't just yet another fashion headphones.

May 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 80
Quote:
They look like they want to compete with Beats.

They look like beats indeed. i hate companies using this design. 

Lets wait for the sound impressions, is what really matters. 

May 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #13 of 80
Quote:
Well my biggest gripe would be they look quite small, on-ear possibly... hopefully it's just the pic missleading. Not a fan of the style either but I'm purely prioritizing the sound aspect as I just keep using my headphones at home so I wouldn't care if they looked like say for example those cute pinkish "Hello Kitty" headphones or whatever haha.

Pioneer make good audio stuff, their mixers are by far the most liked and the HDJ headphone line is very popular among DJs (particularly the 2000), I just hope this one isn't just yet another fashion headphones.

Are you talking about that guy who modded his PRO700MK2s and taped the pads with them Hello Kitty stickers? LOL.

But I agree on the HDJ line. I'm interested in getting the HDJ2000, but I can't justify the price. If they'd knock off $100 on the pricetag, I might grab a pair. :)

May 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #14 of 80
I really like the HDJ-2000, but yeah the sticker price is a tough pill to swallow. You do pay for the build quality/ruggedness and name. If you don't need it for DJ use, I honestly think you can get equivalent sound quality for cheaper. 

May 22, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #15 of 80
They might beat the beats they already beat the beats haha those suck so bad even the xb500 is better at 30 euro LOL so these baby's are 2x as better can tell you that and they look ******* sick to me
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back