New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
May 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #31 of 80
Quote:

That will come as soon as I get some ear time with them.  I'll compare it to the Sony XB series.

Very interested on your feedback. I'm thinking about getting these mainly for using outdoors, since I feel ridiculous at my age with my other headphones and after owning almost every "top-tier" IEM, I figured that they don't even come close to headphones (especially on bass), so I need a "discrete" headphone for the street, but have to have good SQ.

May 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #32 of 80
Quote:

Very interested on your feedback. I'm thinking about getting these mainly for using outdoors, since I feel ridiculous at my age with my other headphones and after owning almost every "top-tier" IEM, I figured that they don't even come close to headphones (especially on bass), so I need a "discrete" headphone for the street, but have to have good SQ.

same here. Maybe a replacement for my office iems

May 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #36 of 80
These headphones are absolutely sexy.  The slate reflexive color puts Beats design to shame :p  These look so much better in person, the subtle knob design on the cups is a nice touch.  Comfort is give or take though, pads are a little tough, hopefully I'll adjust.  Bass knob adjusts sub-bass (not mid-bass). 

May 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #38 of 80
Quote:
And what about the SQ?

Right now, I'm enjoying the SQ.  Bass knob helps out a lot (I keep it about a quarter up for preference).  There is some sibilance in the vocals, some smearing in the highs.  Good clarity and detailing throughout though.  More to come, I just got them today, I'll give more detailed impressions within 48 hours.

May 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #39 of 80
By the way, I think the title is misleading.  This can be a bass-head phone, but with the knob turned all the way down, it isn't really a bass-head phone.

EDIT:

Teaser pic

May 30, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #40 of 80
Quote:
By the way, I think the title is misleading.  This can be a bass-head phone, but with the knob turned all the way down, it isn't really a bass-head phone.

EDIT:

Teaser pic

If it's set at max, how would the bass level compare with other heavy hitters like the XB500/700?

May 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #41 of 80
I would like to know about mids (if they're forward, recessed, etc), clarity/transparency, soundstage, instrument separation and the quality of the highs. Plus the impact and definition of the bass and how they do compare to other headphones in the 150€-200€ league (if they do).

May 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #42 of 80
I'm pretty sure it says "Bass Head Headphones" on the box which is why OP titled it that

May 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #43 of 80
Quote:

If it's set at max, how would the bass level compare with other heavy hitters like the XB500/700?

I don't have too many heavy hitters.  The most bass-heavy phone I have is the SOL Tracks...  The second most bass-heavy is the Grado SR60i

Quote:
I would like to know about mids (if they're forward, recessed, etc), clarity/transparency, soundstage, instrument separation and the quality of the highs. Plus the impact and definition of the bass and how they do compare to other headphones in the 150€-200€ league (if they do).

I will give more information on sound as they burn in.  I normally don't do detailed impressions until after around 24-48 hours.  As for other headphones in 150 - 200, these MSRP at 130 USD.  I don't know if it'd be a fair comparison for that price range.  The only headphones that  I will have in that price range will be the V-Moda M80s which should be coming in this week.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it says "Bass Head Headphones" on the box which is why OP titled it that

The box does not say Bass Head Headphones.  I have no clue where you got that from.  At the time of titling, the OP didn't have the headphones.  The box does say "bass control", but that's it. 

May 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #44 of 80
Quote:
I don't have too many heavy hitters.  The most bass-heavy phone I have is the SOL Tracks...  The second most bass-heavy is the Grado SR60i

The box does not say Bass Head Headphones.  I have no clue where you got that from.  At the time of titling, the OP didn't have the headphones.  The box does say "bass control", but that's it. 

I see. So how are they compared to the SOL Tracks? The latter are quite a bassy headphone, I believe.

Btw, these cans are marketed under the Bass Head brand. Check out Pioneer's JP website - http://pioneer.jp/accessory/headband/se_mj751.html

May 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #45 of 80
I'll compare them when I get home.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back