New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
Jun 6, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #61 of 80
I personally don't think it'll be necessary.  They're honestly not hard to drive.  But then again I tend to have fairly sensitive hearing and listen at lower levels than most of the people I know.  As far as levels go, it seems fine with my Zune, and even respectable with my lame ass Android phone.  You shouldn't have too much trouble with an iPod Touch.

BTW, even if I did think an amp were important for these cans, I probably wouldn't go with an E6.  I had an E5 ages ago and found it spectacularly unimpressive.  For me, it muted highs to such an extent that I remember thinking that it was like hitting the Dolby B NR switch on tape decks ages ago.  And from various E6 reviews I've read, it doesn't seem that different from an E5.

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #62 of 80
IDK about the 721, but the 751 does not need an amp. I haven't tested one yet either though. If I did, I only have an E1

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #63 of 80
Yeah i'm looking at these. I'd be interested to know if these are comparable to the sony xb-500's bass. Are they anything as far as the beats ( i mean the rumble, but on the beats the bass doesn't shine through, will the bass shine through with a rumble and rattle on the low bass notes, say "bass head" by bassnectar?). They look great, the dual driver is bad-ass, and they look comfy. I've read a few posts, are they not that comfy? I know whatever I decide to get will be better than these skullcandy hesh pieces of junk that broke, and looking to replace.

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #64 of 80
Quote:
Yeah i'm looking at these. I'd be interested to know if these are comparable to the sony xb-500's bass. Are they anything as far as the beats ( i mean the rumble, but on the beats the bass doesn't shine through, will the bass shine through with a rumble and rattle on the low bass notes, say "bass head" by bassnectar?). They look great, the dual driver is bad-ass, and they look comfy. I've read a few posts, are they not that comfy? I know whatever I decide to get will be better than these skullcandy hesh pieces of junk that broke, and looking to replace.

The 751 is very different from the XB500.  The XB500 is a lot more boomy while the bass on the 751 is not as pronounced.  Both are worth owning.  If I had to pick one to own first, I would go with the Xb500 due to performance under $50.

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #65 of 80
+1 to the above. It'll rumble and can dig deeply if that's what you want. These are not comfortable. I can barely get trough an hour long listen with these without any pain :frowning2: its a shame I actually like these.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #66 of 80
As far as comfort goes, the width of your head is going to play a large factor.  Because these cans have a relatively rigid headband with the length adjusters placed near the top of the headband (rather than the sides), you'll wind up experiencing much more resistive force if you've got an enhanced-width cranial mass.  The 721 are likewise made the same way so there's not much difference there.

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #67 of 80
Quote:
As far as comfort goes, the width of your head is going to play a large factor.  Because these cans have a relatively rigid headband with the length adjusters placed near the top of the headband (rather than the sides), you'll wind up experiencing much more resistive force if you've got an enhanced-width cranial mass.  The 721 are likewise made the same way so there's not much difference there.

I have an extremely small head :p  So there is little width.  My problem is mainly the padding on the earcups.  It's too stiff and hurts my ears after a short time :p

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #68 of 80
Yeah, I just got the Sony xb500's!! Damn They pack some major bass in these king-sized pillows for sure!! There's so much bass, without really sacrificing much. A little clarity problem in mids, but its all good. Been listening to Skrillex's new album, sounds amazing so far. Yeah thank you guys!! btw how much break in time do these need? and how much time can you make these rattle at one time (like i can stand 5ish min. of it but that's it) Is it the low bass that makes it do the rattle or the very high volume? I LOVE when they rattle. :wink:

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #71 of 80
Quote:
This headphones is pretty good with electronic music.  Listening to Ferry Corsten as I type this.  I wish the ear pads were softer and more comfy.

Depending on the bass level, the headphones are good for a number of genres :p  I do agree that the pads need to be softer :frowning2:  My review of the headphones should be done by the end of the week :)

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #72 of 80
why oh why the hell are these not circumaural >.< !! would be my go-to choice, now im still stuck looking for bass heavy, slightly v shaped eq cans.. ultrasone 580 is awesome, but the cable is way too long, and not sure about comfort.

any other ideas maybe ?

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #73 of 80
Actually they're not that uncomfortable (at least not to me).  Plus, I've been listening to them on and off over the past few weeks an the headband's clamping force has relaxed over time.  Now I'm kinda having fun with the bass dial as an ad-hoc FR curve controller.  Trying to find ideal wheel settings for Breathe Carolina, Chicane, Owl City, Daft Punk and Ronnie Milsap.  Yeah that's right, I said Ronnie Milsap - wanna make something of it? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #74 of 80
Quote:

Depending on the bass level, the headphones are good for a number of genres :p  I do agree that the pads need to be softer :frowning2:  My review of the headphones should be done by the end of the week :)

Please link your review here so we know it's up.  Thank you!

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #75 of 80
Hey guys, i'm not sure how this works but i'm a new member so i'm not sure how to do this so forgive me if I mess up...I was wondering if the Pioneer SE MJ751s would be good for an ipod touch/iphone...would it be able to get loud enough with these devices because i know other headphones like the Sony XB bass line need an amplifier to experience the headphones full potential, is that the case with these headphones? Also how is the bass on these? Would they be comparable to headphones such as the Beats Solo HD's? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back