New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
Jul 29, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #77 of 80
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound?  Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy?  I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #78 of 80
Quote:
I was wondering if the Pioneer SE MJ751s would be good for an ipod touch/iphone...would it be able to get loud enough with these devices because i know other headphones like the Sony XB bass line need an amplifier to experience the headphones full potential, is that the case with these headphones? Also how is the bass on these? Would they be comparable to headphones such as the Beats Solo HD's? Thanks!

Sure!  In fact, the SE-MJ751 comes with an Apple 3-button control/mic in the cable - well the US version does at least - .  I don't actually have an iDevice, but on my Zune 30 it does get mighty loud.  So, I would have no problem in believing that an iDevice would perform similarly.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Sony XBs though.  I have both the XB300 and XB500, and they both seem to do okay without an amp.  Are you talking about the XB700 or XB1000 by any chance?

Having owned the SoloHDs previously, I would most definitely say that the MJ751 sounds far better.  It is both a competent portable and a proper basshead unit all at the same time thanks to the adjustable bass driver.

Quote:
I have the Solo HD in hand this week. Initial impressions on it is the 751 is a better sounding headphones.

+1

Quote:
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound?  Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy?  I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).

No idea here, but HiFiGuy528 has both the SE-MJ751 and the HDJ-2000, so he would be able to give you a fair comparison on that part of it at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back