[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jul 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #1,922 of 5,962
Its funny how different graphs from different websites of the same headphones look almost completely different depending on the way they are presented and the way they are normalised....
Indeed. The question is further complicated when you consider sample variation.

Speaking of that, I wonder how susceptible the Fidelio is to sample variation. I haven't exactly had significant (or any) experience with Philips headphones before the X1 to know how tight their QC is.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #1,923 of 5,962
I had two X1s side by side, and they sounded exactly the same. I had to make sure I looked at the headband to make sure which one just arrived, since it wasn't as bent as the last one.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #1,924 of 5,962
Phillips are sending me new headphones, without me having to send back the pair I have, I mean they are still perfect on the lower sound levels. 

I am really pleased with the customer service. :)

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #1,931 of 5,962
Quote:

Selling them already? How do they compare to your previous headphones such as D2000, HD650, and UE6000?

Hmm well I prefer all 3 you mention there to the X1....

I was hoping that the X1 would be a headphone I could use for gaming and music as well and sell off some of the other ones I have at the moment. I found the X1 is by no means bad, pretty good infact, but personally I found it a bit "dry" sounding, the treble was a bit artificial. They were very good for gaming though. But I think I would prefer to just have an open pair for gaming and some music and a closed pair for electronic music etc. There does not seem to be an open pair which satisfy me as an all rounder except maybe hifiman HE500 or LCD2 but I cannot afford them.

They are good headphones but what bothered me is the pads, which cannot be replaced and pick up lots of junk on them, so I cannot see them lasting long tbh, also I just don't really like the sound of them that much compared to other headphones I have owned, they are one of the better ones I have tried but I prefer the sound of some others I have owned, for example the 3 you mentioned.

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #1,934 of 5,962
Quote:
For the X1 owners:

http://v.hihour.com/hishow/OSKMEGOF.shtml

I'm missing mine, it had a uniquely involving sound... I hope the Soundmagic HP200 will have something similar to offer, otherwise i might reconsider getting the X1 again as my open headphone next to the closed HP100.

I am very happy with mine, Christian. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #1,935 of 5,962
Mad lust envy can you answer a question for me please....

I sent back the X1 because I found them a bit "dry" and a little peaky sounding in the treble, as well as slightly unnatural sounding in the treble, they were good headphones but somehow they did not sound that great to my ears, also the pads were an issue for me, anyway....

The K702 65th anniversary.... How do they compare to the the X1 in the treble? Also do the AKG have a "dry" sound like the X1? Also why did you sell the K702 65th?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back