[New] Philips Fidelio X1
May 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,276 of 5,962
Quote:

Well, they should cover it. Most headphone manufacturers do. 

Have you emailed them directly? 

I haven't yet. There is an online chat on Philips website, I chatted directly with them, and they confirmed what I'd been told at the Philips center. I will write them later this evening, but I guess that rules are rules, and the people that read mails are the same that answer in chats.

May 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,277 of 5,962
That's disconcerting. Philips doesn't seem to care at all about their customers.

May 13, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #1,278 of 5,962
Quote:

I haven't yet. There is an online chat on Philips website, I chatted directly with them, and they confirmed what I'd been told at the Philips center. I will write them later this evening, but I guess that rules are rules, and the people that read mails are the same that answer in chats.

If it makes you feel any better I had an online chat with a Philips rep about the availability of the X1 a week or so before Amazon actually got them in stock and they told me the X1 would never be released in the US and that they are a Euro only product. I got in touch with Kevin the Philips Sound facebook guy and he went out of his way to make sure I got a real answer so maybe you can go that route if need be.

May 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #1,279 of 5,962
Quote:
I got in touch with Kevin the Philips Sound facebook guy

Sounds like a character from Monty Python's Flying Circus..

May 14, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #1,280 of 5,962
I've measured the resistance of some cables.

Resistance (Ohms)
V-moda LP2 straight cable 1,3
Philips X1 cable 1,7
Oehlbach i-connect (1,5meter) 0,5
Inakustik Star MP3 (1,5meter) 0,2
Inakustik Premium MP3 (1,5meter) 0,2

I've had no time to do a sound test.

All these cables fit in the Philips X1.

The Inakustik Star MP3 cable fits the V-Moda LP2.

May 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,281 of 5,962
Quote:
I got in touch with Kevin the Philips Sound facebook guy and he went out of his way to make sure I got a real answer so maybe you can go that route if need be.

Thanks for the hint. I wrote on philips facebook pages, and I was contacted by the same Kevin, how's been very kind and told me they will get in touch soon to solve the matter.

I'm still hoping for a happy ending, cause until a few days ago I was really enjoying my purchase.

May 17, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #1,289 of 5,962
Quote:

Thanks for the hint. I wrote on philips facebook pages, and I was contacted by the same Kevin, how's been very kind and told me they will get in touch soon to solve the matter.

I'm still hoping for a happy ending, cause until a few days ago I was really enjoying my purchase.

No problem. I hope they help to resolve this for you, as they should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back