[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Sep 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #199 of 5,962
Quote:
To all Europeans: Philips Fidelio X1 for 197 € (£157 - $254) on Amazon.it (dispatched and sold by Amazon EU Sarl). Only 4 remaining (mine is already on the way)!!
The item CAN be shipped outside EU, so if you live abroad and you really want one...
biggrin.gif

EDIT: oh, I almost forgot! -> CLICK!

Thanks a lot! I had to order. For delivery to Germany I had to pay 200,91 € all together. Not bad, I hope. Now that I also picked up the M1 lately for 99 € I have the whole Fidelio headphone line-up.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #200 of 5,962
Quote:

Thanks a lot! I had to order. For delivery to Germany I had to pay 200,91 € all together. Not bad, I hope. Now that I also picked up the M1 lately for 99 € I have the whole Fidelio headphone line-up.

It was 200,92 € for me. :)

I had to provide a German address because amazon.it didn't want to deliver it to Switzerland as it is not part of the EU.

I have the L1 in the office and I will replace my Shure SRH840 with the X1 at home.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #201 of 5,962
hah! You ordered too late then. :D

[size=medium]
Articoli:   EUR 162,95
Costi di spedizione:   EUR 5,88
  ------
Totale IVA esclusa:   EUR 168,83
IVA:   EUR 32,08
  ------
Totale ordine:   EUR 200,91
[/size]

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #203 of 5,962
Quote:
What?
Damn. In the product details they stated it can be shipped to countries outside EU, so that's basically a lie.
frown.gif

That's okay, I'd wager that people in North America enjoy most of these kinds of advantages when it comes to audio. I can wait semi-patiently for once...

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #204 of 5,962
Quote:

You don't need a special "made for headphones" cable. That's just marketing. Any fitting stereo 3.5mm to (insert whatever your amp accepts here) should do.

Personally though, I don't know why one would bother, unless they needed a different length cable or wanted one terminated in 3.5mm. The included cable looks extremely nice.

Yes any 3.5mm jack cable will fit but it might not be any better than stock.  The included cable might look nice but just to let you know its dc resistance is 4 times that of a $25 cable i'm currently trying.  Not in it self a problem but gives a feel that the conductor sizes are small and that might give rise to issues with dielectric capacitance leakage affecting the high frequencies.  Just a thought!!!

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #207 of 5,962
Quote:
Guys, how did you get it for 200€ price. Thats incredible. I cant find similar prices nowhere. Its all around 300€. And someone bought M1 for 99 €. Holly s****. I will wait then.

Amazon Italy having been selling them for 195.55 euro.. I paid 202.55 shipped to UK. But they have now sold out again.  I wonder why
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #209 of 5,962
Double post and update (this needs to be bumped)!

Amazon Italia must have realized head-fiers dig those headphones... Now you can order (currently out of stock) the Fidelio X1 at an even lower price: 183,23 €!
That's crazy! :D

CLICK!

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #210 of 5,962
Quote:
Replacing cables on the X1 has been made easy by Phillips.  Headphone end is 3.5 stereo Jack and Amp end is standard 1/4"(6.25)

I have ordered a 3.5 Jack to 3.5 Jack cable costing around $25 equivalent from Ebay to try out and will use a commonly available 3.5 to 1/4" converting plug.

There seems to be plently of 3.5 Jack to jack cables as they can be used to plug between ipods headphone sockets and other equipment.

My current feeling is that a good cable with silver plated copper conductors would be a good fit for the X1 sound signature and certainly be an improvement over the stock cable.

I might blow some money on the Oyaide HPC-62 cable which is used on a number of headphone replacements however its something like $130 equivalent in the UK so I need to think about that and try some other cheaper solutions 1st.

Any progress on this?  The 3.5mm connect on the X1 is really nice and low profile.  If you get a different aftermarket plug, it's not going to fit without chaffing the ear cup... Also, unless you get a right-angle plug, it gets to be a very long connection with an adapter.  Mini to quarter right angles are really hard to come by...?  I've actually only found a single one online.  

Seem like if you wanted to go this route, you'd be best off making or having a custom cable made (not really more money than AQ) that's 1/8" to 1/4"--but you'd still have the issue of the fatter 3.5mm plug housing chaffing the ear cup, since i can't find anything to rival ho low profile the mini plug is on the X1 stock cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back