[New] Philips Fidelio X1
May 4, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #5,462 of 5,962
Like I already said many times, my X1 doesn`t bleed and I have removed and washed also my pads and still no issues with ink or dye.
Guess I just got the "lucky batch".

May 4, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #5,463 of 5,962
  No problems here neither.

sometimes I`m thinking that this kind of negative hype is started by rival companies, especially in case of products like X1 & X2 which offer way above their price tag imho.

Like I already said many times, my X1 doesn`t bleed and I have removed and washed also my pads and still no issues with ink or dye.
Guess I just got the "lucky batch".

Why do you keep repeating it "many times" then? The more times you say it doesn't count for more of a sample size, you still only have 1 pair of X1s... Clearly there are lots of people with ink bleeding, it's not some kind of conspiracy theory as you seem to be making it out to be.

May 4, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #5,464 of 5,962
Hey fellow member, sorry if my posts bother You, I was noting it out again to be clear that even with washing my X1 doesn`t bleed ink or dye. This thread is quite old already and most of the thread there is no mention of that bleed issue, until lately because X2 have stirred this problem up and still only few ppl have mentioned this issue in this thread. Some ppl seem to using hair gel or other stuff on their head which causes this problem ...but I`m not claiming it to be the cause of all those beel issues neither.

May 4, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #5,465 of 5,962
  Bought X1's several months ago and they do the bleed thing. It got worse over time as I wore them.  But, still great great headphones.

I've had mine for a few years now. They haven't bled ink since the first month I got them! (once I learned to put them on their stand and to not to leave them on white paper lol). So yeah, mine bleed ink as well if I left on something white, but they don't bleed onto my head as far as I can tell, and I'm still alive, and they sound friggin' great, so it's really not an issue for me.

May 4, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #5,466 of 5,962
If I leave the headphones on a paper surface they will leave small stains on the paper.  So I stopped doing that.  It's really not a big deal but a minor annoyance.  I have not washed the pads because I have no intentions of taking them off, at least no time soon. The performance of the headphones is great and more than makes up for this minor annoyance. 

May 26, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #5,467 of 5,962
Hi Guys,
I replaced the stock cable with this cable. It definately helped.
http://www.amazon.com/review/RLZIU9UAOCU5J/

As for these cans I can't reccomend them more than enough. I picked one up after reading reviews for a while and they stand true to their name. They are awesome. 

May 26, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #5,468 of 5,962
I replaced my philips audio cable with the basic Anker® 3.5mm Premium Auxiliary Audio Cable and that fixed the cable problem. $5 shipped was also the cheapest cable on ebay, that wasn't shipped from china. 

May 29, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #5,471 of 5,962
hi all , just got x1 from my friend. really nice heaphone i like it.
btw do i really need to change the original cable? head that better SQ if you change it. not sure.
please advice.

thanks

May 29, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #5,472 of 5,962
  Hi Guys,
Are there much difference between the X1 and X2?

I just ordered an X1 just to check the sound signature. Hopefully i will find a good open headphone which has more bass than an AKG 701…

Hi I had the X2 and returned it.  (I can't remember why). I did like it.    I kept looking for another headphone and decided to try the X1.   Unlike many here I actually prefer the X1 for its bassier presentation. Both headphones are very good and you would likely enjoy either.  The X1 is criticized for not being as smooth up top or as tight down low as the X2.   But I'm just slightly a basshead so the X1 works for me. From what I've seen online about the AKG 701, either the X2 or X1 will present more bass.

May 29, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #5,474 of 5,962
I have to sadly announce that I just sold me X1s. I really wanted to like them but I guess I am spoiled by others. Don't get me wrong, they are quite fun to listen to. But the minute you attempt to become analytical with their sound, they start failing in comparison to others. Just my opinion. 

May 29, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #5,475 of 5,962
Yeah, there are those who "listen" (anal)ytically and those who actually listen and enjoy music while it being analytical enough 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back