[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Oct 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #5,026 of 5,962
  Seems like You might be allergic to Your sweat "reacting" certain type of synthetic materials. I have read few person having similar problem.
If You really like those cans and do want to keep using them, then I suggest to remove pads and install something else.  

Aren't they glued down? I do like the headphones but I would order the X2s since they earpads are replaceable. What are my options? I am fairly new to headphones

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #5,027 of 5,962
try cleaning the velour pads with water first, just wipe them with a soft towel or something. dirt and other chemical or debris might still be on the pads and headphone itself from the packaging line and right into the box.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #5,028 of 5,962
$200 on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221564164238?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'll decide if I should keep or cancel my order for the X2's upon listening to the X1's. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. 

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #5,030 of 5,962
  $200 on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221564164238?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'll decide if I should keep or cancel my order for the X2's upon listening to the X1's. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. 

lol I sold my X1 for that same price 2 days ago.

I like my X1 but because of the X2, Its a nice uprade...especially since I got what i paid for on my X1..so that additional 130 i will pay, will be a good upgrade in sound.......but ill probobly wait 2 months or so before price drops...just like the X1 price dropped after 2 to 5 months fluctuating up and down with 250 being the lowest between that 3 to 5 month after release date of the X1.

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #5,031 of 5,962

I like my X1 but because of the X2, Its a nice uprade...especially since I got what i paid for on my X1..so that additional 130 i will pay, will be a good upgrade in sound.......but ill probobly wait 2 months or so before price drops...just like the X1 price dropped after 2 to 5 months fluctuating up and down with 250 being the lowest between that 3 to 5 month after release date of the X1.

Where you sold them. U try to sell mine for 180$ and are not able to.

They are awsome but i want a headphone wich i can go outside with.
So i am selling them for Vmoda crossfade m100 wich are similar but closed.

I am interested of how and where you sold it :p

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #5,032 of 5,962

Where you sold them. U try to sell mine for 180$ and are not able to.

They are awsome but i want a headphone wich i can go outside with.
So i am selling them for Vmoda crossfade m100 wich are similar but closed.

I am interested of how and where you sold it
tongue.gif

eBay probably.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #5,033 of 5,962
  Well I haven't come to a verdict just yet but I feel the Beyer 990 pros sound better to me than the X1.....so far at least

What DAC and AMP? X1 (and also X2) require about 150-200h playtime to settle in properly. I also had no "wow" emotion at beginning but after proper burn-in with littlebit amping they improved noticeably.
And stock cable needs replacing probably due to high impedance.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #5,034 of 5,962

What DAC and AMP? X1 (and also X2) require about 150-200h playtime to settle in properly. I also had no "wow" emotion at beginning but after proper burn-in with littlebit amping they improved noticeably.
And stock cable needs replacing probably due to high impedance.

Schiit Magni + Modi

I just got an adapter for the mediabridge cable to plug into the magni jack. Haven't played with it too much but if it sounds different, its not by much. 

My wife also thinks the DT990 sound much cleaner while the X1 has a bit more bass.

I can't tell any difference with cables...

Oct 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #5,035 of 5,962
Give it time to settle down. For my ears difference between first hours vs. after about 150h playtime was pretty big. With littlebit amping and low-impedance cable bass & kick gets tighter and overall sound tinybit clearer. Of course this is my subjective opinion and experience and it might not apply to Your gear and ears. Also pairing with DAC might have some role in sound result. For example with Aune T1 and Siemens E88CC tube bass gets "hold back", mids littlebit boosted and highs littlebit smoothed with more dynamics. With my setup soundstage is just HUGE with great depth towards front and good width. Imaging and separation is also very good with lot of air/space between instruments.
Just a guess but maybe DT-990 has somewhat smaller soundstage and more intimate imaging which might make Your brain think its more clearer? X1 has large and airy soundstage which might require some time brain/ears getting used to it and once more - let it have some playtime with some amping. If it hasn`t improved enough after some time and Your opinion is still same, then this can isn`t probably for Your ears :wink:

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #5,036 of 5,962
First of all, I am not a veteran listener, therefore you might say I am objectively worse at doing this comparison. To those who don't already know, these are purely subjective opinions.

I just had the Aune X1 over for a listen for a week. Comparing it to my X-Fi XtremeMusic on my Fidelio X1s, there is no difference large enough to justify the price tag. I suspect this being because of the low impedance, therefore eliminating the need for an amp.

The DAC on my XtremeMusic and the Aune X1 are similar, and even though soundstage is slightly wider and the sound a little more pleasing, I do not recommend what many users are recommending for the Fidelio X1.

Pink Floyd, even in 24 bit 96 khz SA-CD 3 mbit/s sound, sounds amazing regardless of which DAC/AMP is used.

What I do recommend for the Fidelio X1, is one of the HiFimeDIY DAC+amps such as the Sabre UX1 or maybe even give the higher output impedance U2 a try, since they are cheaper, have (according to some) better DACs and don't have a massive amp which does so little for the Fidelio X1s (not saying it doesn't need amping, but it doesn't need a amp so powerful it has to be turned down to 25%

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #5,038 of 5,962
  First of all, I am not a veteran listener, therefore you might say I am objectively worse at doing this comparison. To those who don't already know, these are purely subjective opinions.

I just had the Aune X1 over for a listen for a week. Comparing it to my X-Fi XtremeMusic on my Fidelio X1s, there is no difference large enough to justify the price tag. I suspect this being because of the low impedance, therefore eliminating the need for an amp.

The DAC on my XtremeMusic and the Aune X1 are similar, and even though soundstage is slightly wider and the sound a little more pleasing, I do not recommend what many users are recommending for the Fidelio X1.

Pink Floyd, even in 24 bit 96 khz SA-CD 3 mbit/s sound, sounds amazing regardless of which DAC/AMP is used.

What I do recommend for the Fidelio X1, is one of the HiFimeDIY DAC+amps such as the Sabre UX1 or maybe even give the higher output impedance U2 a try, since they are cheaper, have (according to some) better DACs and don't have a massive amp which does so little for the Fidelio X1s (not saying it doesn't need amping, but it doesn't need a amp so powerful it has to be turned down to 25%

Just to be sure... are You using WASAPI, KSP or ASIO with Your X-Fi and Aune X1 ? 

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #5,040 of 5,962
And there might be Your "problem". Use ASIO4ALL. I know that many don`t hear any difference going from directsound to WASAPI/KSP/ASIO but for example with Aune T1 I heard noticeable difference when using ASIO. Also, have You tried different gain settings with Aune X1? For example I`m using T1 @ mid gain (+10dB) due to ~400mA output instead 0dB gain which outputs 1000mA. At mid-gain everything is tighter and punchier, with 0 gain it sounds littlebit "lazy" with Fidelio X1.

And btw, do You have Aune X1 pro or old version Aune X1 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back