[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #4,861 of 5,962
No, Aune T1 is tube buffered SS DAC + SS amp. Wolfson DAC chip on DX50 sounds also littlebit warmish and "tubey".
I guess it`s also about personal preference, hearing and chain setup etc. differences :wink:
Honestly I'm not sure what 'frontal depth' means exactly... 

Hope You understand what I mean now. Lot of people talk about soundstage size but mix/leave out difference between width and depth. Very good way to indicate depth is to listen Chesky binaural records.

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #4,862 of 5,962
I just wanted to say: I am listening to the Kill la Kill OST, because I have it. At work, laptop sound chip at the wheel, and my god, I am glad I bought these headphones. Low volume (because office and sound leakage = personal stuff in box out front door).

That is all.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #4,863 of 5,962
What are the differences in sound between the Fidelio X1 and the Hifiman HE400? I like fun, forward, and aggressive sound, with strong fast base and sparkly treble. Would the fidelio x1 be good for me?

I listen mainly to EDM. These will be my home listening can to compliment my sennheiser amperior and ksc 75s for on the go. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #4,864 of 5,962
  What are the differences in sound between the Fidelio X1 and the Hifiman HE400? I like fun, forward, and aggressive sound, with strong fast base and sparkly treble. Would the fidelio x1 be good for me?

I listen mainly to EDM. These will be my home listening can to compliment my sennheiser amperior and ksc 75s for on the go. 

HE400 fits that description better. Tighter faster bass, more treble, less mids - compared to X1.

X1 may have stronger bass, but it's not as fast, and the treble is smoother.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #4,865 of 5,962

HE400 fits that description better. Tighter faster bass, more treble, less mids - compared to X1.

X1 may have stronger bass, but it's not as fast, and the treble is smoother.

Thanks alot man. I think the HE 400 is the one. I have had a few people say its going to fit my preferences better now. I just want and end all headphone under $300 for this year, before I get into higher end audio next year. I spent too much on bikes this year..

I ended up selling my v moda m100s, because I was reaching for my ksc 75s (15$) more often. Then I found the amperiors for $150, and they were just phenominal, best closed headphones I had ever heard. I want to go back to open, I just hope the HE 400s make the koss ksc75 and sennheiser amperiors look like childs play headphones. Im looking for a superior engagement factor, I want to feel my Trance music through my body, electrifying me with every synth sound. PRaT to make me sweat till I bleed.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #4,866 of 5,962
  Thanks alot man. I think the HE 400 is the one. I have had a few people say its going to fit my preferences better now. I just want and end all headphone under $300 for this year, before I get into higher end audio next year. I spent too much on bikes this year..

I ended up selling my v moda m100s, because I was reaching for my ksc 75s (15$) more often. Then I found the amperiors for $150, and they were just phenominal, best closed headphones I had ever heard. I want to go back to open, I just hope the HE 400s make the koss ksc75 and sennheiser amperiors look like childs play headphones. Im looking for a superior engagement factor, I want to feel my Trance music through my body, electrifying me with every synth sound. PRaT to make me sweat till I bleed.

Well, depending on what timeframe it turns out to come in, the X2 are already available in some markets, so far the most obvious change is the removable pads (probably replaceable if Philips sells them, otherwise at least it would make it easier to refurbish the pads).

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #4,867 of 5,962
thinking of jumping on the
Philip Fidelio X1
Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 - is this really necessary for gaming on PS4, Vita and PC? - I currently own the Sony PULSE Elite
VModa BoomPro - for the mic... but is the cable resistance an issue?
Monoprice Cable - replacement cables to overcome stock cable resistance issues

on my PC, I use a USB DAC (Audinst HUD-MX1) would this be good enough so I don't need a replacement cable?
... how do I go about connecting the Mixamp Pro 2013 to the PC?

EDIT:
in terms of content,
PS4 - Gaming, Movies (Netflix)
PC - Gaming, Movies (Netflix) and Music

would I be able to get good surround?

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,868 of 5,962
So I did return X1because:

1. Highs were not as detailed as k702, designed to be very safe and the just are...too safe for my taste.
2. In more complex and fast parts there were getting lost, lacked the detail and clarity.

Anyway I think for the price they are very good headphones, just not my cup of tea.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #4,869 of 5,962
I have a "griffin" replacement cable for mine, and it sounds great.

The sound of the X1 most reminds me of being in a movie theatre. Mainly the bass is just full and feels like you're at a theatre when amped up. Works awesome for movies and I love them for gaming.

They are quickly becoming a favorite. Sure, they aren't the end in terms of detail and clarity, but they offer good warm sound at a great price, comfort to boot, and work well as an all rounder. They check many boxes. Finally have been able to sell some stuff because I keep reaching for the X1's!

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #4,875 of 5,962
...bassheads
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back