[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Sep 10, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #2,641 of 5,962
^ LoL SWAG!!!
cool.gif

Those bags comes in hot pink???
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #2,643 of 5,962
I just have a couple of them because they handed them out at the last meet I went to. They're pretty cool though and are really unobtrusive. They would probably work on something like the TH900 :wink:

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #2,644 of 5,962
Something I could've used with the D7000.
frown.gif

Are the pads on the Denon D7000s not removable/ replaceable as well???
blink.gif
This sock mod in varies degrees/ variants has been around for a long minute but is mostly used on budget-fi cans like the Superluxes cuz their stock pads are truly horrid. And cheap mofos like me can't justify spending like $20 on a set of pads when the cans cost like $30. haha

Sorry to find out what happened to those D7000s of yours, may it rest in peace. : P

Hope it's just the pads though. :)

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #2,645 of 5,962
can someone please show me a decent 6.3 to 3.5mm cable. I don't know why I can't find one 
confused.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #2,648 of 5,962
I believe that's his own creation.

Looks like the one he gave me, but terminated into 6.3mm (damn it Kama...I want it! Lol)

Though with the amp I have now, no need for 6.3mm. :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #2,649 of 5,962
Is there another inexpensive cable people like for the X1 besides media bridge? The cable sounds good, but it's just not flexible enough for me.

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #2,650 of 5,962
Is there another inexpensive cable people like for the X1 besides media bridge? The cable sounds good, but it's just not flexible enough for me.

I'm using the $12 V-Moda audio only.  Lots of color choices too. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #2,651 of 5,962

deadhorse.gif

are those hard to find ? the X1 came with crappy one so it shouldn't be that hard :p

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. They aren't hard to find because I make them. 
biggrin.gif

I believe that's his own creation.

Looks like the one he gave me, but terminated into 6.3mm (damn it Kama...I want it! Lol)

Though with the amp I have now, no need for 6.3mm.
frown.gif

Well, if you do end up needing one, they are easy enough to do. 

There are lots of cheaper cables out there, but you know the rule about them and what they cost. While that isn't always the case, it's really hard to know until you get your hands on it. Ebay for example has a myriad of cables, but who knows what is flexible enough for you? 

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #2,653 of 5,962

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. They aren't hard to find because I make them. 
biggrin.gif

Well, if you do end up needing one, they are easy enough to do. 

There are lots of cheaper cables out there, but you know the rule about them and what they cost. While that isn't always the case, it's really hard to know until you get your hands on it. Ebay for example has a myriad of cables, but who knows what is flexible enough for you? 

well you got yourself a customer right here 
ksc75smile.gif
 one PM for you

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,654 of 5,962

That sure looks familiar! 
wink_face.gif
 Thanks for the great cable at a reasonable price! Thanks again! P.S. I would've left feedback but it keeps asking for a listing URL. 

Interesting, interesing. What's the resistance on that cable?

I'm still not even sure about the resistance on my current cable (V-Moda audio only cable) but lots of people have been saying it's nearly as high as the stock cable
blink.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #2,655 of 5,962
The cables have all been around 0.2 ohms. But that really doesnt matter. Without any experimentation and data there is no more reason to assume that the 1 ohm is more to blame than the materials and and build quality.

I might just have to take it into my own hands so this rumor/hypothesis about resistance can finally disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back