New Ortofons: Ortofon e-Q5
Sep 18, 2010 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Trisk3lion

Head-Fier
So i was just casually surfin around and then I stumbled onto Ortofon website for a routine check ,as i have and love Ortofon e-Q7, to see if there was something new coming up and to my pleasant surprise it seems they are doing a sequel to them!
Ortofon e-Q5   http://www.ortofon.jp/english/news/pdf/e_q5.pdf

I haven't seen any notion of price and availability but hopefully we will know soon!

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #2 of 26
Yep, there are some discussion over at the e-Q7 appreciation thread for the last few days. It should be cheaper than e-Q7 and the current ETA is October.

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 26
Just got confirmation from musica acoustics I will be getting mines after 4 days he already shipped it he only have the silver one is in stock right now the red and black are in 2 week delayed

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 26
I'm curious about the comparison to the A1's as well. I ended up going with the A1's without waiting for the E-Q5's actually on Dmitri from Musica Acoustic's opinion that the A1 was the better earphone. I certainly am attracted to the e-q5's industrial design though...

Oct 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 26
How much did it end up costing for the e-Q5? I don't think Musica Acoustic has prices on their website.

Oct 30, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
Just got confirmation from musica acoustics I will be getting mines after 4 days he already shipped it he only have the silver one is in stock right now the red and black are in 2 week delayed

Please post a review when you've had a chance to listen to them!

Oct 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #9 of 26
lol @ the thin can packaging
tongue.gif

They look just like eq7 just without the stem/stand or whatever you call it. 

Oct 31, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 26
I wonder how this is supposed to sound compared to the e-Q7. It's interesting how they call this a "successor" to the e-Q7. That gives the impression that it'll be improved. Take note that they make a point that they improved the cable as well.

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 26
Yeah, my understanding was it was the same driver in different packaging.  The response between both are slightly different through 2kHz-6kHz as they slope the same to the top end.  The top end and the entire bottom half are exactly the same, i.e. 20Hz to 2kHz and 6kHz to 16kHz all the same.  The e-Q5 appears to be a budget level version with a smaller design and less packaging flair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back