NEW! Monster DNA headphones
Sep 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 212
I like the look...

They'll go good with my StarTrek Uniform.

Keep us posted, Jim

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 212
Little bit concerned that the "N" is r*tarded, but whatevs.  That's just the literacy in me getting all uppity.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #6 of 212
http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=157369

Monster, the world's leading manufacturer of high-performance headphones and electronic accessories, and Viacom, home to the world's premier entertainment brands, announced a global alliance for the launch of a new audio brand Monster DNA. With Monster's latest advancement in sound engineering, Monster DNA headphones bring music listeners a new sound that is as powerful and striking as the bold design of the headphone itself. More than a headphone, Monster DNA will look to serve today's music listener and music artists with a focus on music sharing, music community, and social awareness reaching the music entertainment community globally through an exclusive integrated campaign across Viacom music and entertainment brands worldwide including CMT, COMEDY CENTRAL, Logo, MTV, MTV2, mtvU, SPIKE, Tr3s, VH1 and VH1 Classic.

Rooted in the technology behind music, Monster has been dedicated to improving the music listening experience, from its development of high-performance audio cable for audiophiles, to professional recording and instrument cables for musicians. Recently, the company changed the way people think about what a headphone can sound like when it engineered the sound of the popular Beats by Dr. Dre headphones.

Said Noel Lee, The Head Monster: "We're excited about what we have accomplished with next generation sound with Monster DNA. It's the evolution of what a headphone can look and sound like. Sonically, they completely kick ass yet still have refined sound qualities that all music lovers can appreciate."

Viacom will provide a global platform for the Monster DNA headphones through its diverse entertainment brands, which continue to innovate, create culture and connect with young audiences at the intersection of music and entertainment. "Just like Viacom's brands, Monster DNA headphones are designed to reflect the creativity and confidence of young people," said Jeff Lucas, Head of Sales, Music and Entertainment for Viacom. "Through this partnership, we're plugging Monster in to the deep connection we have with our young audiences, and giving our fans a new way to experience sound and express originality."

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #8 of 212
Quote:
It's interesting how they take what's likely the same driver as the beats and repackage it over and over.

So I take it you've heard the Beats and the headphones in the DNA series?  Or are you just speculating? 

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 212
Nice try. The drivers are not the same.
Unqualified statements like these turn forums for useful information into "village people" rant sites. Please try to make informed posts and not to turn these threads into campaigns against large manufacturers like Monster.

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #10 of 212
Quote:
So I take it you've heard the Beats and the headphones in the DNA series?  Or are you just speculating? 

Quote:
Nice try. The drivers are not the same.
Unqualified statements like these turn forums for useful information into "village people" rant sites. Please try to make informed posts and not to turn these threads into campaigns against large manufacturers like Monster.

Yeah, I gotta +1 these.  Everyone who knows me knows that I rail against Studios and SoloHDs.  And as much as I can't stand those units, I can't say a damn thing about Pros, Mixrs, etc. because I just haven't owned them (or have even given them a decent listen under fair conditions).  As subjective as our hobby is, we need to be real careful about making certain models representative of an entire line (or company for that matter). 
smile.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 212
Quote:
Little bit concerned that the "N" is r*tarded, but whatevs.  That's just the literacy in me getting all uppity.

You know what the "N" on the Nebraska Cornhuskers helmets stands for....

...drum roll...

"knowledge"

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #12 of 212
Quote:
You know what the "N" on the Nebraska Cornhuskers helmets stands for....

...drum roll...

"knowledge"

Of course, why could I not see that before?  LOL 
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #13 of 212
BTW, did you guys know that they're gonna make IEM versions of these as well?  They're on Monster's site if anyone is curious.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #14 of 212
BTW, did you guys know that they're gonna make IEM versions of these as well?  They're on Monster's site if anyone is curious.

Of course they are... It's almost Christmas time.

They do look interesting though.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back