New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Mar 1, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #166 of 952
Are you able to compare to other DAPs ?
Spec. wise, PD2 do not have Wi-Fi, no streaming, no line out, no Bluetooth, these really can not compare to most of the entry level dap like Hiby R3/R6, Sony ZX 300, AK SR15; but in terms of sound quality, out put and battery life, PD2 is only lagging in details compare to SR15, otherwise the sonic performance is the best but not one of the best in that league.

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #168 of 952
Spec. wise, PD2 do not have Wi-Fi, no streaming, no line out, no Bluetooth, these really can not compare to most of the entry level dap like Hiby R3/R6, Sony ZX 300, AK SR15; but in terms of sound quality, out put and battery life, PD2 is only lagging in details compare to SR15, otherwise the sonic performance is the best but not one of the best in that league.

Actually, there is Line Out on the PD2. U see it in most of its spec photos.

I'm this close to upgrading from my PD, but i just purchased it a few months ago.

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #169 of 952
Actually, there is Line Out on the PD2. U see it in most of its spec photos.
i see a balanced output and regular headphone output but no line-out. am i missing something?

no release date for japan yet it seems... ( -.-)

Mar 2, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #171 of 952
Quick update - the sound quality with the right EQ settings is nothing but amazing. However I connected it to my Fiio A3 Amp using the 3.5mm as line out and it sounds even better. I know I’m kind of double amping but to be fair the music quality is excellent, no hissing or distortion, just good sounds. So if you want a bit more punch connect it to amp and give it a go, i don't think you will be disappointed. Only problem I have now is how to mount the amp to the PD2 without the bands; was thinking I might use some hot glue:)
Hello Signo I also have the Shure 535 when you say you connected a balanced cable, I thought the stock cables that came with the 535 are balanced so what exactly did you mean?
Thanks Raymond

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #173 of 952
Hi Ray, my 535's are about 4yrs old and when I got them they came with the standard 3.5mm. However having said that new models might come with 2.5mm so you could be right...

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #174 of 952
Ok so I have had my D2 for 2 weeks now - sound is amazing, battery life is unreal. However the UI is slow, it's small and the firmware is buggy to the point I cannot turn the unit on now. Tried all the "trouble shooting" items, but no luck, D2 dead in the water.

The D2 is a very good bit of kit but the software is lacking - I would hold off purchase for a few months till they fix it.

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #176 of 952
Ok so I have had my D2 for 2 weeks now - sound is amazing, battery life is unreal. However the UI is slow, it's small and the firmware is buggy to the point I cannot turn the unit on now. Tried all the "trouble shooting" items, but no luck, D2 dead in the water.

The D2 is a very good bit of kit but the software is lacking - I would hold off purchase for a few months till they fix it.
I had to return mine due to my ongoing issue, cowon thought it was "defective".

Given the rate of ownership in this thread, I'd say it's another device released before it was ready for prime time..... Being an early adopter is becoming worse and worse.

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #177 of 952

Power+down volume / reset? Possibly a stupid question i know. I had to reset my pd once at the beginning that way. Only once in the 6 months I've had it. I guess I'll stick with it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back