New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
May 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #406 of 538
So, I've burned the Trumpets in and I have to say that I'm a little sad at the loss of warmth compared to the Trumpets. I hear more of the crisp highs, and the sibilance kind of hurts my ears at higher volumes.  I guess I'll search the forums for a Tribute-like replacement IEM, something with warmth that makes my 50's music more enjoyable.

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #407 of 538
Picked up a pair of these today as they are on sale at Visions Electronics in Canada for $148. Initially I was disappointed as the just seemed not very detailed and bass light and shrill.

I then went counter to my normal tip selection and tried a smaller foam tip with deeper insertion and found this helped alot. I also tried my UE900 tip which are extremely comfortable add to the bass.

So far I have to say this is the best micro driver I have heard. I like it more than the JVC's I have tried.

Not sure the Trumpet is worth it's retail price but as $148 it's a heck of nice IEM.

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #408 of 538
Quote:
Picked up a pair of these today as they are on sale at Visions Electronics in Canada for $148. Initially I was disappointed as the just seemed not very detailed and bass light and shrill.

I then went counter to my normal tip selection and tried a smaller foam tip with deeper insertion and found this helped alot. I also tried my UE900 tip which are extremely comfortable add to the bass.

So far I have to say this is the best micro driver I have heard. I like it more than the JVC's I have tried.

Not sure the Trumpet is worth it's retail price but as $148 it's a heck of nice IEM.

boy i havent been here for the longest as my interests have shifted to other pursuits but like dweaver, i saw the visions.ca sale & had to pull the trigger on these Monstas. i must say im not disappointed either in packaging nor fit&finish nor choices of tips & esp not in SQ. cant claim any fame to having golden ears but these Trumpets are the absolute best portable cans i have heard. 

def pawns the Sony XBA3, TF10 & all of the multitude of cheaper iems i have including the (in)famous Sony MH1C. perhaps im lucky but i find the medium tips thats on the trumpets from the box to fit me just fine & very comfy to boot. if theres a fly in the ointment here, i'd say the mid bass is ever so slightly emphasized (but not to distraction IMO) & ofcos its not as detailed as my Beyer T1's.

bonus is the trumpets sound great just off any of my unamped porty sources including my phone(samsung note2) & it does scale upwards with better DAPs - Sony Z1050 being the best DAP i have & ofcos the trumpets sounds best with it. for the sale price of $150 at visions.ca, these trumpets are the bomb! 

hey dweaver, which part of Cowtown u in? hope u didnt get flooded out!! 

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #409 of 538
I'm in Midnapore so safe and dry :).

I actually own the Trumpets and picked up a pair of the Monster yellow immersion sports IEM's at Future Shop for $50 and love them both sound wise. The trumpets have a bit more bass emphasis, the Sport has a bit more midrange emphasis. Both offer some of the best sound I have heard in their price ranges and were a steal at the prices I paid for them. The only IEM I have that is better is the MUCH more expensive UE900 which I also really enjoy (less bass but very neutral and detailed).

I find I get a more comfortable fit using my UE large tips with these but the default medium tips worked as well as the white foam tips, just not quite as comfortable for me.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #410 of 538
Quote:
I'm in Midnapore so safe and dry :).

glad ya dry bud. im in Mayland Heights so im in good in situ as well. 

im listening to the trumpets as im typing this post, i cant believe how good these things sound esp off the Sony Z1050. ive been experimenting with going all BT for my porty needs acquiring quite a few over the head BT cans in the process -indeed i just scored a smoking deal on used Harmon Kardon BT headphones a few days ago- but these Trumpets mite just make me go back to old school wired cans.

now if they can be just a tad less bling!!! 
etysmile.gif

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #411 of 538
Lol I am kind of digging their look :) I ended up switching tips again and found a slightly smaller diameter tip that is still soft and comfortable but allows for a bit deeper insertion which seems to help the signature a bit.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #412 of 538
I have to say I am surprised these do not have more exposure on head-fi. They are the best sounding micro driver IEM I have heard and compete well with other IEM's in their price range I think.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #413 of 538
after about 50hrs of burn-in, bass bloom has softened but it still delivers a big kick & is only lacking in deep sub bass IMO. otherwise its a darn fine sounding iem reminding me of hifiman he500 type sound. & thats being driven ampless just of a sony dap!

these are definitely the best universal iems i have past & present. the SQ plus the great Monster warranty makes the Trumpets a winner in my books. im soo glad i pulled the trigger on the Visions.ca $148 deal.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #414 of 538
I have been letting my pair break in through use, the bass is getting less heavy as time goes on.

definitely worth the $150 price point. I have a friend who has always praised these as one of the best universal IEM's he's owned. I am glad I picked my pair up to see if he was right.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #415 of 538
Really enjoy my Trumpet but have to admit do not always get the best seal. Tried most of the stock tips, settle for the foam and nothing else fits due to the design
it is my hip/hop IEM complements W4 as far as I am concern

I was going to sell or trade it since I have not used it in weeks

for $150 - it is a bargain. paid $330 for mine but still worth it

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #416 of 538
I get a great seal from UE tips, you might want to try them out.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #417 of 538
Might need to pick up UE tips then

It is interesting how some do better with other brands of IEM tips

loving my W4 with Phonak tips :)

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #418 of 538
while i usually have some difficulties with alot of iems, i lucked out with these trumpets cos i got a decent fit with the M gel tips that was on it from the box. i can certainly why some would find the trumpets to be "meh" if one doesnt get the right seal.

im having loads of fun rediscovering music thru these that i have my TV on muted captioned mode so i can read whats going on without taking the trumpets off. for me, the trumpets rival some of my fullsize cans in SQ! i think my upgraditis bug is satiated (atleast for the foreseeable future) so much so i wont be looking to add anymore iems to my collection...atleast until the next big sale!! lols

Users who are viewing this thread

Back