• Paris

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cancun

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #46 of 136
Speaking of which... I will bring my newly arrived Audio-gd NFB-28.38 as well.

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #47 of 136
Hello to all. My name is Tony for those who do not know me. I will be your host for the meet. There has been a slow response so far to this thread. If any of you know other head fi'ers you may want to email them directly to let them know about the meet as time is getting short to plan ahead in case they do not check the forums here often.
We have to plan ahead for the needed number of tables, etc. I'm looking forward to having you all sharing the hobby together. Because it is a residence, planning is a little more critical as expanding the space to accomodate extra setups is a little more difficult. There should be plenty of room for everyone's gear so long as we get enough tables and chairs to set up. Plenty of parking and relatively easy access to load / unload gear.
There seem to be a number of people looking to test out some headphones. Hopefully we can have an assortment here for them to test.
I will have a tubed electrostatic amp for those interested. This amp was used at last year's RMAF to power the new Mr. Speakers electrostatic headphones. I will also have an all tube amp which is an upgrade over the amp which won kudos at last year's AXPONA and RMAF when exhibited with MOJO Audio's Mystique DAC and server. I will have the DAC and perhaps the server for my system.
I am working on a hybrid amp that should be ready for the meeting. This one is a 10Y gain stage with solid state output stage.
BTW, my amps are 4 pin connectors. Perhaps we can get some folks to bring adaptors if they have them to allow for trying out headphones that have other connectors.
All the best,
Tony

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #48 of 136
Hello to all. My name is Tony for those who do not know me. I will be your host for the meet. There has been a slow response so far to this thread. If any of you know other head fi'ers you may want to email them directly to let them know about the meet as time is getting short to plan ahead in case they do not check the forums here often.
We have to plan ahead for the needed number of tables, etc. I'm looking forward to having you all sharing the hobby together. Because it is a residence, planning is a little more critical as expanding the space to accomodate extra setups is a little more difficult. There should be plenty of room for everyone's gear so long as we get enough tables and chairs to set up. Plenty of parking and relatively easy access to load / unload gear.
There seem to be a number of people looking to test out some headphones. Hopefully we can have an assortment here for them to test.
I will have a tubed electrostatic amp for those interested. This amp was used at last year's RMAF to power the new Mr. Speakers electrostatic headphones. I will also have an all tube amp which is an upgrade over the amp which won kudos at last year's AXPONA and RMAF when exhibited with MOJO Audio's Mystique DAC and server. I will have the DAC and perhaps the server for my system.
I am working on a hybrid amp that should be ready for the meeting. This one is a 10Y gain stage with solid state output stage.
BTW, my amps are 4 pin connectors. Perhaps we can get some folks to bring adaptors if they have them to allow for trying out headphones that have other connectors.
All the best,
Tony
Thanks Tony. I will bring one, if not two adapters. Also, I’ll post Tony’s address a few days before the meet, and remove it after the meet.

I’m looking forward to seeing folks and trying out some interesting gear.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #49 of 136
Thanks for hosting, Tony! I appreciate you taking the time to generously open your home to this event. I know that must be a significant inconvenience. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the NM Head-Fiers again and trying out some cool equipment.

Let's make this thing happen!

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #50 of 136
I threw this together tonight. It's an 8 strand adapter made with Canare L-4E6S wire. All ready for March 17!

9937020_l.jpg

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #52 of 136
I just got a confirmation from Dan at Mr Speakers via Ben at Mojo Audio that there will be a pair of the new electrostatics at the meet.

Tony
Excellent! I just heard the Voce with a BHSE, and it was wonderful. I look forward to comparing it to the Stax cans that @JimL11 has

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #55 of 136
You guys can count me in. I will bring a Stax SRM-T1 amp so that will make 5 stat amps available. I did some new mods to my Audio Note level 5 DAC so will be bringing that too. Will bring the old school Stax Lambda Signatures which I just rebuilt. Also have some entry level Stax 404's that will come along. Will bring my portable battery operated rig too. Sony PHA-3, ZX1 and the MDR-Z7 running in balanced mode. Also have a pair of Audeze EL-8's open back that I run balanced with this configuration. And for grins will bring the modded Denon D5000's that can be used with this. The laptop will have Tidal along with a hardware MQA decoder in case anyone wants to hear what that sounds like.

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #57 of 136
We would love to here from these folks if you will be attending:

@tmarshl
@drbluenewmexico
@soundkist
@Tybot
@SilverLodestar
@sweetlemon
@MojoAudio

Will you attend? What might you bring?

And the potential attendees from Phoenix. This will we be a smaller meet than y'all just had, but it's shaping up to be a good one. Carpool/Road-trip!
@dontfeedphils
@koover
Come and taste what real chile tastes like :) Also, hotels are way cheaper than Phoenix!

All are welcome, but we really need a decent headcount for tables and chairs.

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #59 of 136
We would love to here from these folks if you will be attending:

@tmarshl
@drbluenewmexico
@soundkist
@Tybot
@SilverLodestar
@sweetlemon
@MojoAudio

Will you attend? What might you bring?

And the potential attendees from Phoenix. This will we be a smaller meet than y'all just had, but it's shaping up to be a good one. Carpool/Road-trip!
@dontfeedphils
@koover
Come and taste what real chile tastes like :) Also, hotels are way cheaper than Phoenix!

All are welcome, but we really need a decent headcount for tables and chairs.

Thanks!
Still workin on getting the time off from work. I’ll know soon enough and then I’ll give you a commit or no go when I do.
Soon brother, soon.

Feb 18, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #60 of 136
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back