• Paris

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cancun

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #31 of 136
OOH, glad I checked in here today. I'll pencil in March 17th. We'll see about getting a babysitter so hubby can partake as well (instead of sending him off into the library like last time...)

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #32 of 136
My Audeze LCD-X 2017 just arrived in the mail this morning, so I will bring that in March as well. I've got one more big possible addition, but Chinese New Year closures make its timely arrival iffy so I won't mention what it is yet.

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #34 of 136
I plan on stopping by. Don’t think much of my stuff is too borrower friendly though. Have gone to a number of CIEMs but could bring my JH Audio Layla IIs along with a donor set of tips.

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #35 of 136
Hey there,
Glad I found this post. I am interested in attending and listening to some headphones. I have been searching for some closed headphones that I can audition that to upgrade from M50s. It seems like TH-X00 would fit my criteria, but need to audition before buying from Massdrop(no 30-day return policy, right?), anyone have a pair can try? I don't have a lot of stuff to bring- a Bellari tube phono preamp(VP130), Aune T1?

Headphones considering to try for audition:

AudioQuest Night Owl(Carbons?)
NAD HP50
Fostex TH-610
Fostex TH-X00
Shure 1540

Thanks & Peace.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #36 of 136
Hey there,
Glad I found this post. I am interested in attending and listening to some headphones. I have been searching for some closed headphones that I can audition that to upgrade from M50s. It seems like TH-X00 would fit my criteria, but need to audition before buying from Massdrop(no 30-day return policy, right?), anyone have a pair can try? I don't have a lot of stuff to bring- a Bellari tube phono preamp(VP130), Aune T1, Audioengine A5 speakers?

Headphones considering to try for audition:

AudioQuest Night Owl(Carbons?)
NAD HP50
Fostex TH-610
Fostex TH-X00
Shure 1540

Thanks & Peace.

We would love to have you, but please don't bring speakers.

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #37 of 136
We would love to have you, but please don't bring speakers.
If anyone happens to see this, I am going to Albuquerque tomorrow to run some errands and would like to try some headphones. Any recommendations on stores? I was gonna try Best Buy since they have one of those Magnolias to try P7 and NightOwls if they have them. If there are any other good stores, please let me know.

Thanks & Peace.

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #38 of 136
If anyone happens to see this, I am going to Albuquerque tomorrow to run some errands and would like to try some headphones. Any recommendations on stores? I was gonna try Best Buy since they have one of those Magnolias to try P7 and NightOwls if they have them. If there are any other good stores, please let me know.

Thanks & Peace.

If you are interested in something besides Beats, Bose, JBL, and casual consumer Sony cans, I would skip Best Buy. They sell Sennheisers, but I haven't seen them available to demo. Maybe try Listen Up. They have a respectable looking Headphone Bar area. Haven't been, myself, but it's a safer bet than Best Buy.

Here's the website: https://www.listenup.com/locations/albuquerque/demo-rooms/

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #39 of 136
Hi,
Thanks for the recommendation. Last time I visited Listen Up, I got to demo some super high end home audio setups and speakers, but they only had 1 pair of high resolution Sony headphones to listen to. I will stop by there again, maybe they've added some more headphones since then. Yeah, I actually am not a fan of Best Buy and their customer service, but I guess their stores that have a Magnolia home stereo section have some mid-fi headphones and apparently some of them have P7s and NightOwls(which are above consumer level and pretty high end for me- $699).

Looking forward to checking out some gear at the meetup...

Thanks & Peace.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #40 of 136
Hi,
Thanks for the recommendation. Last time I visited Listen Up, I got to demo some super high end home audio setups and speakers, but they only had 1 pair of high resolution Sony headphones to listen to. I will stop by there again, maybe they've added some more headphones since then. Yeah, I actually am not a fan of Best Buy and their customer service, but I guess their stores that have a Magnolia home stereo section have some mid-fi headphones and apparently some of them have P7s and NightOwls(which are above consumer level and pretty high end for me- $699).

Looking forward to checking out some gear at the meetup...

Thanks & Peace.

Well, that is disappointing to know. It's sad that a city this size has essentially no stores selling hi-end cans. If Best Buy works out, please let us know. I would love to hear the NightOwls too.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #41 of 136

Thanks & Peace.

If you feel like going for a small (6 hour) joyride, we're having a pretty good meet in Phoenix tomorrow.

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #42 of 136
If you feel like going for a small (6 hour) joyride, we're having a pretty good meet in Phoenix tomorrow.
I’m in!

I’m actually in Scottsdale now gorging at shake shack. Finally got the sit in a model 3 at the Tesla store. Cool, but small. Really looking forward to both the AZ and NM meets.

Sometimes guitar stores have headphones, but usually not all that high end.

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #43 of 136
End of December, Listen Up had Night Owls, Focal Elear, Denon mm400, something McIntosh (ok sounding), and a couple others I'm forgetting. Great high end audio store. A buddy of mine got some Maggies from there and my wife surprised me with a pair 2 weeks ago.

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #44 of 136
Count me in for meet, I need to update my headphones and decide which to bring. If you see any of interest in my profile, let me know and I'll bring them.

@phthora man, you've upgraded your collection BIG TIME since the last meet. That's great, Awesome! Very interested to check them out.

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #45 of 136
Yeah, I've been lucky to be able to add some great new stuff. Too much time on that deal thread. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back