Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cancun

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #76 of 136
Hey Allan,
Tried to get the time off from work but it just doesn't look like it's in the cards. I'm sure it'll be a great meet. Looking forward to the impressions thread when it's all said and done.
Have fun guys!

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #77 of 136
Hey Allan,
Tried to get the time off from work but it just doesn't look like it's in the cards. I'm sure it'll be a great meet. Looking forward to the impressions thread when it's all said and done.
Have fun guys!

That's unfortunate, I was looking for to hearing them Lawton modded (partially that is) THX00 PH's.

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #78 of 136
Looks like i will have a review set of the new ALO Cascade Beryllium driver headphones
for the meet. we just arranged a tour with ALO and my co conspirator, who has them now,
will get them to me in time for our meet (hopefully!). A portable set of cans much more inexpensive
than the Utopias, which are also Beryllium

My lone experience with Beryllium drivers is with the new Bob James R1 IEM from IMR Acoustics
and they do have a different sound with effortless bass. A few other such items exist (the Periodic
Audio Be line) etc, but not much. I really like the sound the R1s and look forward to hearing the
Cascade's with you all!

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #80 of 136
y lone experience with Beryllium drivers

Cool!

The Utopia also has a Be driver, so we can compare. Of course they aren't in the same league, but we can try to hear similarities.

If the ALO's are already broken in, please try to do so before the meet. The review you linked to suggests at least 150 hours.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #82 of 136
Cool!

The Utopia also has a Be driver, so we can compare. Of course they aren't in the same league, but we can try to hear similarities.

If the ALO's are already broken in, please try to do so before the meet. The review you linked to suggests at least 150 hours.
The Cascade will already be on tour before i bring them, so i suspect they will be mostly broken in, but i will add a bunch of hours
to the break in!

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #83 of 136
Update on the meet location:

Since this meet is at a private residence, I will post, on the 1st post of this thread, the address on Friday, March 16, and remove it at about 3 on March 17. If you need the address before then, please start a private conversation with me.

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #84 of 136
Why not just PM the address to those who've confirmed they will show up? I don't want to end up doxxing our host.

Mar 1, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #85 of 136
Why not just PM the address to those who've confirmed they will show up? I don't want to end up doxxing our host.
it's quite possible someone will attend that hasn't said so. I'm pretty confident this little corner of the internet will be relatively safe for one day, and that a home outside Albuquerque, New Mexico won't suffer harm from having the address posted here for 18 hours.

Mar 1, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #86 of 136
Fair enough. If driguy's cool with it, that's all that matters. I'm sure he's spent more time thinking about this than I have.

Mar 1, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #87 of 136
We will definitely need a few more tables and folding chairs. I will bring some. Can anyone else?

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #89 of 136
Updates on tables and chairs. We might be able to use some more folding chairs. I think we have tables covered. Anyone have a few folding chairs to brings?

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #90 of 136
Updates on tables and chairs. We might be able to use some more folding chairs. I think we have tables covered. Anyone have a few folding chairs to brings?

I can bring two folding chairs and an extra power strip. I also have two 3' by 6' folding tables that I can bring, so let me know if things change and they become needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back