• Paris

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cancun

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #106 of 136
Am I interpreting your post correctly when I think that you will be wanting to plug your computer into the various systems to play music? If so, I would still go the USB route if you have your own software. From my experience at various meetings and shows, most folks play very few selections of music even if they have a lot when trying to compare pieces of gear and headphones. The stick allows you to move around the various setups quickly without much hassle at all. These events and shows are very good at allowing people to hear for themselves what they read so much about on the forums. After a lot of years it still amazes me just how differently people hear the music being played.
If you do not have software I have about 2,000 albums on my hard drives that you can pull samples from. I just don't have any USB sticks around that are not dedicated so please bring one if you wish to go that route. Of course, my stuff will probably not have much familiar to you but perhaps a few will work.
Regards,
Tony

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #107 of 136
@driguy : on the most basic level I would like to plug someone else's headphones into my pc since that's how I listen to music. I am curious to compare the quality of sound I get by using different headphones on the same source (Spotify on my laptop) and I am also curious about DACs and what sort of effect they might have on the sound quality while keeping the headphones and source the same.
I can put some stuff on a USB stick too from CDs I still have. What format do you recommend for that?

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #108 of 136
You can put more music on a USB stick than you will ever use so no need to compress. WAV or FLAC should do. If you want to be quick about it just drag and drop files.

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #109 of 136
Either will work for the headphones you will want to listen to on your computer. Even the Utopia will sound great on your computer. There are some headphones that will need a more power amp than a computer has, but don't worry about that. You will want to listen to the really high end systems that will be at the meet, and for those, it's best to either listen to the music they have, or bring a USB stick. I have tones of extra sticks, so I will bring some extras that can be erased and music copied to them.

Note, I will post the address in the first post tomorrow, and @driguy will post parking instructions tomorrow as well.

Mar 16, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #110 of 136
Okay, we are go for launch.
Someone promised to bring a 1/4" to 4 pin adaptor. I hope that is still good. We may need that. My amps only have the 4 pin setup so it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Alan will post the address soon. My driveway is the second one on the left. There is a pretty good amount of parking in my driveway but please leave a couple of spaces closest to the front door open for loading and unloading as well as for anyone with limited mobility during the meet. After unloading you can move your vehicle onto the dirt path where the concrete ends, the perimeter of the concrete, or park on the street. Recommended parking on the street would be at the top of the hill where there is a large turning circle to park. Please do not block the garage entry / exit path. We can load through the garage and the front door at the same time should the need arise. I have a small cart available for moving gear if you need it. The platform is about 2' x 3'.
Gentle reminder, folding chairs will probably be of help as well as power strips.
I will be ready for "early" arrivals at 10:00. Please, not before. Alan is planning for 10:30 with the tables. If you arrive early the fixed platforms will be available for setting up.
If you need to protect surfaces from your gear (spikes, etc.) let me know and we will work it out. A little Felix Unger moment here; use coasters under your beverage containers please.
If you have any questions please ask soon. I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Tony

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #112 of 136
I'm going to bring a few IEMs:
iBasso IT01
MEE Pinnacle P1
DUNU DK-3001

If anyone has any other requests, I can bring anything else I have except the Brainwavz B400, which are being sent in for repair. Not sure what to do about the tips situation though. Best bet is to bring your own, but I don't mind sharing mine. I'll bring some baby wipes or something to keep them clean.

I'll also be bringing:
two large folding tables
two folding chairs
two power strips
a 1/4" to XLR adapter
some assorted adapters and cables

Can't wait!

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #113 of 136
heh heh. we are going to have a lot of folding tables. Better more than not enough. Chairs we may need all of them.

I'm packing now! Also, I just completed my "one headphone, up to 4 amp" switch! Great for A/B/C/D testing up to 4 amps.

Update: All packed!
9937291_l.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #115 of 136
Greetings! Sorry for the late jump-in here, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make this, but I think I am going to try. If I can, I'll be bringing Focal Elears, my Sony WM1A, and perhaps my Campfire Andromeda's. Had fun at the last meet, hope to see you guys tomorrow! :)

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #117 of 136
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #120 of 136
Hey drblue- I plan on stopping by around 12:30 and will have my Layla’s for you to try out. Assuming that’s your picture on your profile I’ll find you. I’m about 6’4” and at my ideal weight if I were about 7’4”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back