New Member Introductions thread
Jan 26, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #15,257 of 15,585
Hey all,

New here, but a long-time lurker and not new to this audio hobby.

I have what I feel is a pretty good 2 channel system, but due to life and logistics, I mostly listen to headphones these days. So, I appreciate all the good info on this site.
Welcome! Feel home and always take a fire extinguisher with you in case of an flame war :D

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #15,258 of 15,585
Welcome! Feel home and always take a fire extinguisher with you in case of an flame war :D

Thank you!

I'm too old to get into flame wars. I believe what I believe, and others are free to do the same. I just enjoy talking about music and audio gear. I don't get too caught up in the measurement vs subjective crowd. I think there can be a happy medium.

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #15,261 of 15,585
Hi!

I set up a Dolby Atmos 5.4.1 system a couple years ago, utilizing the combined expertise of the kind individuals from AVSForum as my primary planning resource which consists of the following:
MARANTZ SR7012
KEF Q700 x 2 (Front Channels)
KEF Q600C (Center Channel)
KEF Ci 160CL x 4 6.5" two-way (In-ceiling Overhead Channels)
KEF Q100 x2 (Rear Channels)
Rythmik FV15HP (15" Subwoofer)

In looking for headphones for my computer last year (for music while working and games), AVSForum led me here where I learned of Beyerhauser DT 770 250 Ohm cans and decided upon purchasing as my introductory headphones (other than the old Bose my wife brought to the marriage that had then recently broke). I also got a Creative Soundblaster Audigy to drive them.

Cheers! 🍻

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #15,262 of 15,585
Hello all, greetings from backwater Ohio. I've been slowly increasing my audiophile-ness over the years, focusing on headphones (although I do have a decent set of bookshelf speakers as well).
Many years ago I was involved in headphone manufacturing and got to work with some really talented folks in the sound and mastering business that got me rolling into this hobby.
I've been a reader of this forum on and off for some time and decided to finally join.
Welcome !

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #15,266 of 15,585
Hi guys, I'm writing to you from Italy. I've been following the forum for a while, I just needed to sign up. Like all of you, I have been passionate about audio for many years, mainly home and headphones, but every now and then I also dabble in car audio hardware/software modifications.

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #15,269 of 15,585
Bonjour, je suis nouveau sur le forum et merci pour l’ajout. Je suis totalement novice en matière d’audio, et ce qui m’intéresse sur ce forum, c’est de pouvoir trouver des conseils sur les paramètres sonores des jeux Xbox, principalement Warzone. Je suis un vieux joueur français, fan de jeux vidéo. Merci et bonne journée

Users who are viewing this thread

Back