New Member Introductions thread
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #15,226 of 15,646
Hello everybody,

I've just joined today and I'm in the process of building up a new HP system coming from a nice stereo system.

I'm a music addict since I can think and started playing my first singles and LPs at the age of 4-5 on my Dad's record player until I got my first own Denon stereo system at age 12. Quickly further developing with my first (cheap) Stax HP, Dynaudio Compound 4 speakers and my beloved Sony CDP-557 ESD CD player which I got for my 18th birthday (yes, no car but a HighEnd CD player) :) !!

I have recently upgraded my HP amp and bought a DCA Stealth, meaning I'm now looking for a better DAC bringing everything on the next level ... but I think I have the right expertise here to make a wise decision :).

Cheers
The Folk Singer

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #15,228 of 15,646
Hey there!

I'm Chad (Pseudonym) from Symphonium Audio.
I handle Symphonium's socials, sales, website design, shopify, customer service, discord, instagram/fb ads, email newsletters, dabble in some product design as well.

I'm not actually totally new to head-fi. I've been here since 2011 but left the audio hobby due to personal reasons.
Head-Fi has been a cornerstone of the portable audio scene all this time and I'd think it's safe to say the portable audio market would not be here today without this community driving it forward.

My interest towards audio has always been centered around In-Ear-Monitors.
I've personally dabbled in headphones and tube amps but ultimately the portability and versatility of IEMs is where my heart is at.

It's amazing to see how the audio landscape has changed over the years.
The early 2010s were definitely centered around CIEMs more so than Universals, but today it seems like it's the other way around!

I'm sure there's many people that have come and gone, nevertheless I am excited to connect with everyone here!
I also look forward to meeting you all at CanJam Singapore '24!
Do drop by our booth and say hi if you are in the area!

Yours Truly,
Chad

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #15,229 of 15,646
Hey there!

I'm Chad (Pseudonym) from Symphonium Audio.
I handle Symphonium's socials, sales, website design, shopify, customer service, discord, instagram/fb ads, email newsletters, dabble in some product design as well.

I'm not actually totally new to head-fi. I've been here since 2011 but left the audio hobby due to personal reasons.
Head-Fi has been a cornerstone of the portable audio scene all this time and I'd think it's safe to say the portable audio market would not be here today without this community driving it forward.

My interest towards audio has always been centered around In-Ear-Monitors.
I've personally dabbled in headphones and tube amps but ultimately the portability and versatility of IEMs is where my heart is at.

It's amazing to see how the audio landscape has changed over the years.
The early 2010s were definitely centered around CIEMs more so than Universals, but today it seems like it's the other way around!

I'm sure there's many people that have come and gone, nevertheless I am excited to connect with everyone here!
I also look forward to meeting you all at CanJam Singapore '24!
Do drop by our booth and say hi if you are in the area!

Yours Truly,
Chad
Welcome !!!

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #15,232 of 15,646
Greetings headphone enthusiasts and HiFi lovers alike!

My name's Elliot, but here I'll just go by BeoShark; I've been into the audio market for quite some time but would say I didn't get real serious about it until I got my position working as a tester for TMR Audio, since then (about 6 months and going), I've worked with well over 700+ pieces of equipment ranging from headphones, speakers, amps, you name it! I figured I'd find a place to journal my opinions and experience with the wide variety of equipment I see every day, as well as engage in further discussion and expand my audio knowledge with other folks who are just as passionate about the art of sound as I am!

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #15,234 of 15,646
A few months ago I went online looking for some replacement bluetooth earbuds for music and could handle phone calls.

Several hundred hours online later and I now sit here with the cost of a small car on my desk. And I'm loving it!

Music has never been so good in my life, and I have the headphone/audiophile community to thank for it. Every forum post and comment and reply gets people a little closer to their music, and that's what it's all about for me.

Love this place already as a long-time lurker.

Jan 18, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #15,235 of 15,646
Greetings all!

Long time audiophile, recently discovered this community and I love it. This feels like home haha.

So I'm currently using a Hifiman HE1000 Stealth driven by a Schiit stack (Magni 3 Heresy & Modi DAC). I'm looking to upgrade the amp setup first to a tube amp and then later on down the line, buy the Susvara (my username is my goal).

Looking forward to connect with yall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back