New Member Introductions thread
Oct 19, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #15,031 of 15,585
Hi. I've been watching this site for a long time. Have come here often to read reviews from your membership. I bought my first audio gear over 55 years ago when I saved my quarters from my paper route to purchase a Sears inexpensive 45s only turntable with speakers. From there it all took off. I've gone through too much gear over the last 55 years to list. Now I have two system rooms, the main system in the family room and a smaller system that focuses on headphones for my home office. Since COVID it's the office system that gets over 95% of the listening as I'm always in the home office. I look forward to officially joining the community.

Oct 21, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #15,032 of 15,585
Hi, new member here and kinda new to Audiophile world (less than one year). Currently I use Hiby R6 Pro II paired with Tangzu Zetian Wu Heyday & Hidizs Mermaid MM2 for IEM and Philips SHP9500 for Headphone. So far i'm already satisfied with my setup but i'm planning to go deeper down. Currently aiming to buy Thieaudio Monarch MKIII or Sennheiser IE600 for my endgame IEM

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #15,033 of 15,585
Like many others, I've spent a lot of time reading through the plethora of information available on this forum as a casual unregistered user. My main cans are a pair of Focal Elex, wired to a THX 789 + SMSL M6. Looking forward to continue spending time here, only now as a registered user.

Oct 22, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #15,034 of 15,585
Hi Folks,
As an new member at head-fi want to introduce myself shortly.
I’m 42 years old and well since 2020 I’m addicted to headphones. Before that I mainly listened to my front loaded horns equipped with Lowther and an Burmester/Mark Levinson combo. Cause my son was born priorities changed and the time for enjoying music became short. Cause I’m travelling the whole country week for week I thought it would be an good idea to get mobile equipment…well rabbit hole got me

Oct 24, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #15,037 of 15,585
I'm Mark.
I'm a newcomer in Hi-fi world. My enthusiasm actually started quite recently. Although not so long, I do have a complete set of DAC (Topping EX50)/Amp (SMSL SH-9s & Xduoo MT604). They are not high-end, but quite adequate for all my gears. My high-end IEMs include FA A8000, Sony IER-Z1r, Thieaudio Prestige ltd and UE Live. I also have some mid (Andro, SE846, Variations, etc.) and lower-end (Mee P1, JVC Drop FWX01, etc.). My only Hi-fi headphone is T1 v2 (600ohm), another one is Pioneer DJ X10 for non-critical listening. I always look at Head-Fi before pulling the trigger to buy something. I've used search function of the forum a lot, too. Finally got registered here.

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #15,039 of 15,585
Hi, I am Chris, I live in Germany and I love music. To no surprise I had always good gear but not the expensive stuff.
This year I upgraded a few things:
Canton reference K8 speakers, AVM CS2.3 amp and a LCD-2 Closed back.
Now I am looking for a pair of open cans. I bought a refurbished He1000V2 .
And a headphone amp: cayin HA-3a.
:)

Oct 27, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #15,041 of 15,585
New guy here, I've spent a lot of time reading posts here and even though I'm not a big phone user (I only have one, a Grado SR80) I do plug it into my desktop Musical Paradise MP-301 mkIII at night fairly often. So, I thought I should join up.

Just to add: I like the way members here like to talk about audio rather than argue pedantically.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #15,043 of 15,585
Hello, I have been browsing, learning from, and standing in awe of this website for quite a while. I have been listening to my Sennheiser HD 650's for several years now, part of that time with a Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 headphone amp, but not as much as I would have liked due to work. I finally retired from work about a year ago and thought I could finally start listening for several hours a day to all of my music collection. However, I have developed hearing loss on one side, which must have started slowly years ago, but this year it has become so bad that I had surgery (tympanoplasty) done in August. There is still a small chance that my right ear may completely heal, but not counting on it, so I started looking for a headphone amp that has separate volume controls for left and right channels, and found the La Figaro 339 tube headphone amplifier in an online auction. Well, I won the auction, and I'm now the proud owner of this amp since two days ago. However, I know absolutely nothing at all about tubes (and very little about electronics in general), so in the coming weeks and months I will be spending a lot of time on the main La Figaro 339 thread here. I want to thank all contributors past, present, and future for helping me get up and running with this beautiful tube amp, which has received many accolades and rave reviews here and elsewhere. Many thanks in advance for your help!! 🙏🙏

Oct 28, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #15,044 of 15,585
Hey y’all,

Just caught the headphone bug recently and have really been enjoying reading through the forums. I’ve been learning a lot for sure! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

::goes back to scrolling the classifieds::

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #15,045 of 15,585
Hey y’all,

Just caught the headphone bug recently and have really been enjoying reading through the forums. I’ve been learning a lot for sure! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

::goes back to scrolling the classifieds::
welcome to here..I'm in the same boat...some good stuff in the classifieds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back