New Member Introductions thread
Jun 13, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #14,716 of 15,605
Howdy folks!

I'm waving my hands from the far away land of Slovenia!

Been into music and audio for quite a long time, but never enough to consider it a hobby. Lately I've been enjoying the hardware part as well, with the purchase of some entry-level gear like Letshuoer S12, Qudelix 5K, HD560s and Motu M2. Motu M2 and an XLR mic actually triggered the push towards headphones as well.

Jun 13, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #14,717 of 15,605
Good day to all.

My name is Luuk and I'm from the south part of the Netherlands. I have been using IEM most of my times and quality wise nothing really to talk about. (general sub $50 sennheiser or KZ. Had a AKG K530 and then upgraded to a HD598 which is my to go headphone when i want to enjoy without my other half complaining :wink:

In the living room it is a nice set of Dali Ikon 6 SE surround set up on a Denon X3500h. Planning to get a power amp for the stereo speakers,, but the speakers are pretty efficient, so not sure about that..

My music taste is quite broad, but nowadays I listen a lot of Blues and sing and song writers, but i can dream away on Rurutia as well.

Was drawn to this forum mostly for information, and lately regarding the Starry Night headphones from SJY. Since SJY comes with a open-back planar headphone soon, I need to make a decision. Because they are quite difficult to drive i was looking for a Topping L70 en E70 combo.

I hope to find lots of info here on the forum.

Cheers!

Jun 13, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #14,720 of 15,605
Good day all! I've been a pretty avid reader of this forum for a good chunk of the last 7 years or so. I'd file myself in the "enthusiast-class" when it comes to higher-end headphone gear, and enjoy both the technical elements of the equipment itself as well as the musical experiences that good gear delivers.

I also enjoy learning and sharing what I've learned - as one of the more prominent benefits of the Internet, in my mind, is the ability to tap into the niche knowledge of enthusiasts. We all get further when we benefit from shared discoveries and experience.

Higher-end audio appreciation is astonishingly subjective, and, like a good bourbon review, rife with flowery language and categorically absurd descriptors. I may not pick up on "...notes of bespoke, 19th-century sawdust" in a high-proof single-barrel, and I may similarly not hear the astonishingly-crisp-but-not-strident dynamic range imparted by a set of Silver Dragon cables. I'm a firm believer in sharing what we do experience/hear/taste, as well as what we don't - pretending to experience something just to improve one's station with fellow enthusiasts has little-to-no value, from my perspective.

Look forward to joining the discussion as time permits.

Jun 14, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #14,721 of 15,605
Hi-- brand new here. I'm new to headphones and somewhat new to audio. My first pair of headphones are the Sennheiser HD650s.... pretty high impedance it seems. I'm learning about DAC/AMPS. Right now I'm interested in DAC/AMPS that can act as good preamps or as headphone amps. I'm also interested in the synergy aspects of using some tubes in the audio chain. Right now somewhat constrained budget, but looking forward to learning more. Just wanted to say hi!

Jun 14, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #14,722 of 15,605
Good day to all.

My name is Luuk and I'm from the south part of the Netherlands. I have been using IEM most of my times and quality wise nothing really to talk about. (general sub $50 sennheiser or KZ. Had a AKG K530 and then upgraded to a HD598 which is my to go headphone when i want to enjoy without my other half complaining :wink:

In the living room it is a nice set of Dali Ikon 6 SE surround set up on a Denon X3500h. Planning to get a power amp for the stereo speakers,, but the speakers are pretty efficient, so not sure about that..

My music taste is quite broad, but nowadays I listen a lot of Blues and sing and song writers, but i can dream away on Rurutia as well.

Was drawn to this forum mostly for information, and lately regarding the Starry Night headphones from SJY. Since SJY comes with a open-back planar headphone soon, I need to make a decision. Because they are quite difficult to drive i was looking for a Topping L70 en E70 combo.

I hope to find lots of info here on the forum.

Cheers!
Welcome Luuk. My parents are/were from Holland. I'm new here too, as of today. I wish you well.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #14,725 of 15,605
Welcome Jelly. You are not alone in that regard. May your wallet RIP.
It's funny, I've become desensitized to buying expensive headphones. I recently bought a $1000 robot vacuum to upgrade my old one, and I felt it more in the wallet than any of my headphone purchases in the same price category.

Jun 15, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #14,727 of 15,605
Hi!

Headphones: DT1990, 770 Pro; LCD-2C; Edition XS; Elegia; HD600; SR325x.
IEMs: S12 Pro; Aria
Gear: Qudelix 5K, FiiO K5 Pro; Little Dot MK2

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #14,728 of 15,605
Hey guys, new here. I have a question.

I would like to post a summary/comparison of all the bluetooth headphones I currently have (combined mini review/summary). Very quick summary with a photo of each and a few + and - points under each photo and maybe a brief sound description. Where would I go about posting this?

Going into the Headphones (full size) forum, I just see a list of posts. I was kind of expecting categories like "Over Ear"/"Wireless/Bluetooth"/"Planar"/"Open-back" so I was going to post it in the wireless area but if I back out again from Headphones I can't seem to find the correct area.

Or is there a "bluetooth headphones" thread? Would someone be able to link me?

I have been doing my best to not go too off-topic when replying to threads, as I know when someone clicks on a thread they would like to see on-topic information (at least that's what I would like when researching). So I would also like to post my summary in the correct place, if it exists.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #14,730 of 15,605
I say put it where you like and let it roll! If some moderator or the group at large want it moved they can handle it.

I for one am looking forward to the content and will definitely appreciate the prospective!
Thank you for your enthusiasm! I should be posting it in the coming days and will make sure to link you once I have posted. 🙂

I have since browsed the forums a bit more and concluded on 2 spots where it could go. Either in 1. "The discovery thread!" or 2. the "Headphones (Full size)" general forum where someone else posted a round up of Premium wireless ANC headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back