New Member Introductions thread
Jun 5, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #14,703 of 15,649
Hi internet!

I’m Aidela from Sydney, Australia and completely new to the audiophile world. I have only a budget-level DAP, namely a Fiio M3K which I paired with the cheapest earphones from the local tech store. I kinda figured I wasn’t getting the most of my DAP, even if it is budget-level tech so I’d like to delve more into buying an IEM appropriate for my listening needs and visit more of the audiophile world like DACs and amplifiers

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #14,704 of 15,649
New member here. My first name is Margret (yes, that really is spelled correctly). I'm 70 years old and was widowed last February; still struggling with both the loss and the financial difficulties and anxiety, and I'm trying to figure out how to go back to college without incurring ruinous debt.

I'm a pentaholic (a fan of Pentatonix). I just bought a Benjie M6 mp3 player, which I use with a nice little wired headset I bought on eBay; unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a brand name I can share but the sound quality is excellent.

Additionally I'm a math geek, a filker (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filk_music), a tatter (tatting is a form of lace making), a crocheter, a classical guitarist, and I make temari balls (Google "temari balls" for lots of pretty pictures). And later this week I'm scheduled for surgery to try to repair a hand injury that's been making it impossible for me to play guitar and difficult to tat.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #14,705 of 15,649
Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this forum and I'm quite interested in the audiophile hobby. I've been dabbling with a fair amount of audio gear for about 6 months now and I'm eager to learn more and try new things. I hope to get some helpful advice and recommendations from the experienced people here. I'm looking forward to joining the head-fi community!

Cheers from British Columbia, Canada
- Kolton

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #14,710 of 15,649
Hello! Got into audio when I was disappointed by my first expensive (relatively speaking) headphones, the Sony XM4s back in January, and wanted to know why. Since then I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of forums and other buys and haven’t burnt out yet, so here I am lol.

Jun 11, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #14,711 of 15,649
Hi, I'm Matthias from the southwest of Germany. After a downsizing from dedicated and optimized listening room over closed headphones to IEMs I finally arrived at the goal of enjoying my music instead of constantly tweaking the chain or the room acoustics. Reading this forum has helped me a lot with this change and especially with the selection of my IEMs and DAC/Amps. Thanks to you, I am currently listening to my favorite music with my beloved Kublai Khan as I write this post :relaxed:

Jun 12, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #14,712 of 15,649
First member post. Spent last 2 months playing with different phones to see what works best for old vet with hearing loss and tinnitus. Have 2 Bose (35 ii), 2 Sony (4xm1000, 910), 2 Sennheiser (from 70's and 80's), AKG, 2 PSB (outstanding and underrated). Bathys on the way. I'm learning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back