New Member Introductions thread
Mar 22, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #14,476 of 15,569
Hello, long time lurker and musician, audio engineer. Potential audiophile for a few years now.
My current setup hasn't changed that much in the last year, but hopefully looking to find some tips here for potential upgrades.
Headphones: HifiMan Arya (V2) , Focal Clear MG, Audeze LCD-XC, Sennheiser HD-25
Speakers: Genelec 8030CP & 8020DP
DACs: Geshelli JNOG / RME FF400
Amps: RNHP / Lake People G111

Cheers!

Mar 22, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #14,477 of 15,569
Hi,

I’ve always enjoyed trying to get the best sound out of my stereo, but I went a bit more nuts than usual in the past year. I’m more of a speaker guy, but I got a set of Hifiman HE400SE headphones. I guess they are “starter” headphones, but they sound pretty good to me. I’ve listened to some Sennheiser 800 (which I really liked) and some Grados (which I liked even more, but can’t justify the price). I’m finding that headphones give an interestingly different “view” of the music.

My headphone amps are a Schiit Jotunheim and a Magni although I probably use them ore as speaker preamps than headphone amps.

Mar 22, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #14,478 of 15,569
Hi! Dean from Michigan here. Been a reader for a while and appreciate the knowledge found here. Headphone user mostly at my summer home where I don’t have space for a speaker system (other than a few Sonos pairs). I need a semi-portable system as I listen at a few places within the cabin as well as out on the deck. Currently using HD-6xx with iFi iDSD Micro Signature. Thanks and look forward to participating in more discussions

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #14,480 of 15,569
Hello. Longtime visitor and fan, but this is my first post. How many posts do I need to be able to submit a classified post to sell a headphone amp? Thanks
30 days and 15 posts, go to classifieds rules and guidelines FMI…

Mar 25, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #14,483 of 15,569
Hello,

I'm Przemek from Poland, currently living in London. I am not an audiophile but love the music. I prefer to use DAP + Headphones which are upgraded every few years.
I am currently using:

IBASSO DX220 MAX (bought a few days ago)
BEYERDYNAMIC DT 900 PRO X
CUSTOM ART FIBAE 3X3 IEMs

I am considering STAX L700 as my future upgrade, as I have never heard electrostatic headphones before.

Have a nice day/evening,
cheers.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #14,485 of 15,569
Hi, I am new to this forum and needless to say this is first post. I am not an audiophile but definitely enjoys good sounding earphones, currently I own Sennheiser cx300 which has served for more than 2 years now. They were the best sounding budget earphones that I could afford and available in my country back then. But things are totally different today and I see so many chi-fi options available in the market right from salnotes zero to final E3000, I have never ever tried any chi-fi earphones before but recently I bought oneodio pro-50 headphones to use it on my pc and I was simply blown away by its sound quality, they sounded hell lot better than my branded and German engineered cx300 !!!!! So can any of you recommend me good chi-fi budget (under $30) earphones that genuinely sounds better than cx300 ? thanks in advance.

Mar 26, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #14,486 of 15,569
Hi, I am new to this forum and needless to say this is first post. I am not an audiophile but definitely enjoys good sounding earphones, currently I own Sennheiser cx300 which has served for more than 2 years now. They were the best sounding budget earphones that I could afford and available in my country back then. But things are totally different today and I see so many chi-fi options available in the market right from salnotes zero to final E3000, I have never ever tried any chi-fi earphones before but recently I bought oneodio pro-50 headphones to use it on my pc and I was simply blown away by its sound quality, they sounded hell lot better than my branded and German engineered cx300 !!!!! So can any of you recommend me good chi-fi budget (under $30) earphones that genuinely sounds better than cx300 ? thanks in advance.
Your question probably would be answered quicker if it was posted in the appropriate forum.Most people never look here. See below….

1679831337235.png

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #14,488 of 15,569
Hello Everyone,

New to this audiophile world. Just bought a Denon AH-D9200, iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon, and a balanced periapt cable. Its true what they say...it is a black hole lol

Mar 26, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #14,490 of 15,569
hi everyone…brand new here. I’ve recently gotten into this hobby, although I’ve been into the music since the late 60’s. I’ve made several purchases based on reading reviews and watching YouTube. I’m here to learn from others and give feedback on the gear I own (HEDDphone, Sennheiser HD800S, Audeze LCD-X, Hifiman Ananda Stealth, Focal Clear IG, Beyer DT1990Pro, Meze 109 Pro and Meze 99 Classics. I also have Apple AirPod Max and B&W Px7S2 for Bluetooth needs). Looking forward to being a good member!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back