New Member Introductions thread
Mar 13, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #14,446 of 15,578
Hello fellow Head-Fi members.

Though I've only recently joined this board, I've been scouring it for info, specs, reviews, opinions, for some time now. I thought it was about time I formally joined so that I can ask questions and search the classifieds for new(used) toys. My current rotation includes HD 800s, Sundara, and AKG K712.

Nice to meet you all.

Mar 13, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #14,447 of 15,578
Hi Head-Fi Community!

I'm a new registered user but long time lurker of the forums! Long time music lover and have dabbled in a wide range of instruments (mostly strings from viola to guitar/bass guitar, and most recently with ukes). A few years ago I dipped my toes into the world of Hi-Fi with a pair of BD Custom One Pros and BLONs. I then picked up a pair of Starfields paired with a Topping NX4. The DAC/AMP recently gave up on me and I'm looking for a replacement portable DAC/AMP with a pair of hybrid/tribrid IEMs.

Love the community!

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #14,448 of 15,578
Hello y'all,

I have been using Head-Fi as my primary source for information and review for several years. I only realized recently that I did not even have an account. So here I am. My primary interest is in the intersection of desktop and portable devices since I travel a lot. Currently, my daily driver is QA390 and a custom-fit IEM.

It's a great pleasure joining the community (formally) and nice to meet you all.

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #14,453 of 15,578
Nope.

Well, I don’t want to spam so I’m open to any advice. Appreciate the help.
I guess my advice would be to go participate in a few threads that interest you, hang around for a few days and check things out, may be try then. I’m sure the mods are just concerned about new people s***t posting, nothing personal to you. Welcome by the way!👋🏻

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #14,456 of 15,578
Thanks for the add, and greetings all! This is my obligatory intro post. Over the past 46 years I've gone back and forth between being an audiophile, quasi-audiophile, and hobbyist - being mostly the latter lately, but always with music in my life. Found this forum while researching a replacement DAP for my Pioneer XDP-100R (which died abruptly a couple weeks ago), and found it very helpful in that search. Ended up getting a Hiby R6-III, which I'm fairly happy with in my now several days of ownership, although it's not without shortcomings and quirks. Now that this post is done, I'll be posting for help and input with some of those things. I suspect (hope?) most if not all are down to my unfamiliarity. Looking forward to some great feedback from the members here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back