New Member Introductions thread
Feb 28, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #14,401 of 15,569
I agree
Hi, I'm Mark and my IEM addiction began with FPS gaming. Yes, I'm in my mid-40s and I still game. I tried to find the best gaming headset in the last couple years which eventually led me to IEMs. After trying IEMs I have no desire to go back to over the ear headphones. I made a quick leap from the Fiio FH3 to 64 Audio U12T, thinking I would be done. Unfortunately I found that I still need/want more lol. I am currently looking for an upgrade IEM to the U12Ts that has more energy and bass. Currently considering the Empire Ears Odin IEMs.
I agree, IEMs are where it's at. Being able to block out the outside world with a good 20-30db of isolation really makes the listening experience better. Also, the small size makes taking your IEMs with you much easier than a full sized headphone. I take my DX170 and CFA Andromeda 2020s just about everywhere, so if I get bored I can listen to some new music on Tidal. Then when I'm at home and I want the ultimate resolution and bass, I hook up the KSE1200 system to the line out of the DX170 and it's pretty awesome! Alternating between my two IEM systems really makes me appreciate both systems more.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #14,402 of 15,569
Hey everyone....
About me....professional producer and Rock Vinyl collector of late 60s to early 90s. HAve full vintage late 70s stereo gear. My best friend asked if I wanted to watch/listen as they record over the next several weeks and I jumped at the chance!
Music had always been a big part of my life which lead me to a career in the music industry.
Im currently trying to get the same sound or close to it that my Sansui produced in 1976 :) out of my portable gear.

List...
AK 100 II
FIIO e17k Aspen 2
Dragon cables
All music (60s - 90s) recorder as flac
T3, ER2Xl and ER3SE and Sony 55AP. No success to date.
Trying to learn everything about portable equipment.
Will be nice to hear your thoughts on this issue.

Attachments

• 20230214_100928.jpg
    20230214_100928.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230214_100853.jpg
    20230214_100853.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #14,408 of 15,569
Hi all,

I am following Head-Fi for couple months now - basically since I moved on from my Cowon J3, that I had for over 10 years and bought some new gear.

I enjoy listening to all sorts of music, mostly classic rock, acoustic, country music. I also love exploring about meaning and history of songs, music styles and about IEMs, DAPs, EQing and everything else related to achieve better and more enjoyable listening experience.

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #14,409 of 15,569
Hi Head-fi
New member here. I have been making a living as an audio engineer/music producer studio for over 25 years.
I have not ventured into hi end headphones till recently. Audio Technica ATM50x have been working for listening pleasure. Have had many others in the studio for clients over the years. They don't get very expensive ones as they along with my engineers who work for me blow them too often.
Have recently started mixing/mastering at home as my studio of 18 years is relocating.
Headphones along with a listen in my car, which has a nice system, has been working well.
On the hunt to up my headphone game. Have already spent too much time here reading reviews etc. :)
Looking forward to learning from what looks like a great community here.

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #14,410 of 15,569
Hey folks, new here, but have been circling the audio world for years! Was at CanJam this year (i've been before), and now I'm in the deep end. I won some 64 Audio Fourte Blanc's, and now I am down the rabbit hole....

Mar 3, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #14,412 of 15,569
hey all, long-time lurker now new to head-fi, but not new to audio (started in 2016). located in NYC if anyone ever wants to meet up.

fan of some IEMs, have one headphone... but mostly speakers.

Mar 3, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #14,413 of 15,569
Found this site, love it so far. My Sony MDR V600 broke. :frowning2: Might fix them down the road but looking for new headphones. So far looking at Sivga and few others hope to do a lot of reading etc. Thanks Guys!

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #14,415 of 15,569
Hey HeadFiers, I’m a long time listener, first time caller. I’ve recently converted from mainly a 2 channel loudspeaker listener to head fi. It’s much easier to tinker and blow big money on small objects. I am lucky to own a few high end ‘phones including OG Utopia, AB1266, Senn HD800S and Susvara. Current amp is a Pathos Inpol Ear with a tube upgrade but I have what I think will be a special amp arriving in a couple of weeks.
Most of my listening is vinyl, which places even more variables into the equation and adds to the fun of the hobby.

Bueller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back